Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End contract at my end

Ace Contributor
Rajee S Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
1 of 11
Dear guru,

My current client has set a new milestone for an article. This wud b the 11th article in the series. The original contract was only for 10 articles stating that it cud b extended if work is gd.
I messaged him that I cud write more if contract terms are renegotiable but hvnt received reply.

Will waiting for reply affect my job completion ? I can’t end contract at my end as that option doesn’t appear on page. He set a new milestone outside original contract.
Ace Contributor
2 of 11
Hey I do not hv the option of ending contract at my end. The client has set new milestone outside original contract. what to do?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 11

Rajee S wrote:
Hey I do not hv the option of ending contract at my end. The client has set new milestone outside original contract. what to do?

Has he set the new milestone as a new contract?

What exactly is the problem?

Ace Contributor
4 of 11
He has set new milestone in existing contract. This wud b the 11 th article whereas original was for 10 articles.
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
5 of 11

Rajee S wrote:
He has set new milestone in existing contract. This wud b the 11 th article whereas original was for 10 articles.

Did he fund the milestone? If so, then he wants you to do more work....that happens often. Isn’t that a good thing?

If he hasn’t funded it, ask him to fund it. He can’t expect you to work for free.

Ace Contributor
6 of 11
He has funded but I had taken up the project in desperation. It’s just $5
per article. Thus i messaged him if terms can be renegotiated. Also his 10
articles were to be one per week but he stretches them to 20 days per
article. And my present circumstances have also changed and I wouldn’t like
to commit that time for such low pay.
Ace Contributor
7 of 11
Hi Jessica

He has funded it but the pay is very low. Hence I messaged him if terms can be renegotiated but he hasn’t responded.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 11

Rajee S wrote:
Hi Jessica

He has funded it but the pay is very low. Hence I messaged him if terms can be renegotiated but he hasn’t responded.

I hope you have not accepted the contract yet? (the second one.)

Don't end the first contract yet. Do not accept the second contract.

Ace Contributor
9 of 11
K. Nyways I don’t c option now to end contract at my end as he added new milestone. Hope this doesn’t reflect in my jss
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
10 of 11

re: "I don’t have an option now to end contract at my end, as he added new milestone."

Freelancers ALWAYS have an option to close or acancel a contract. You may need to look for the right button. But it can be done, even if it means closing a contract while refunding escrow money back to the client.

If you want to GUARANTEE that the client leaves feedback, you can messsage the client:

"Peter: Thank you again for the opportunity to work with you. I see that you added a new milestone. That is not a task I will be able to do, so I want you to be able to get the money funded for that task refunded back to you. If you close the contract, you will be prompted to request a refund. I'll wait to see the message on my end that authorizes that full refund. I'll authorize that immediately, and you will receive that money back into your account within 5 business days."

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS