🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » End contract without feedback
Page options
mdshahjalal820
Community Member

End contract without feedback

I just wondered, how can a client end a contract without leaving feedback!!!

Let me know, how can I end the contract without feedback.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

The "truest" and "purest" way to close a contract without leaving feedback is to ask the other party to close the contract. And then never leave feedback, even if prompted to by an automated message.

The fastest and most expedient way to close a contract "without feedback" is to close the contract yourself, while leaving all written feedback fields blank or typing "N.A.", and leaving all five-star feedback, but without thinking about or even looking at the categories.

(Note that if you use the latter option, you are technically "leaving feedback," as far as Upwork's computer system is concerned, but you are essentially rejecting the need to participate in the feedback process, in a moral/philosophical sense. Also: Note that I am not "recommending" that people do this, but I am answering your question, by pointing out different ways that it is physically possible to end a contract "without leaving feedback.")

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/End-contract-w-out-feedback/td-p/762768

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-to-end-a-contract-without-giving-feedback/m-p/575101

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Can-I-end-contract-without-leaving-feedback-rating/td-p/2323...

Preston H wrote:

I am answering your question, by pointing out different ways that it is physically ppossible to end a contract "without leaving feedback.")

That is just complete nonsense, because stars and private feedback, which must both be left that way, **ARE** the feedback and exactly what affects the freelancer's metrics, so no, it isn't possible for a client to end the contract without leaving feedback. What you describe is the process of leaving feedback without adding any verbiage which has absolutely no effect on the metrics anyway.

petra_r
Community Member

Md Shah J wrote:

It isn't possible. If the client closes the contract, they must leave feedback. It is impossible to close a contract without doing so.

Md Shah J wrote:

Let me know, how can I end the contract without feedback.

You can just close it yourself, then the client can, but doesn't have to leave feedback. Just go to the contract itself, click on the three dots on the top right, click on "End Contract" and proceed from there.

end contract.png

Petra R wrote:

Md Shah J wrote:

It isn't possible. If the client closes the contract, they must leave feedback. It is impossible to close a contract without doing so.

It happened  

Check the screenshot

petra_r
Community Member

Maybe still updating, plus it's a project catalogue purchase, not a contract as such. Wait a day or so.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members