🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: End the fixed contract
Page options
7730aedf
Community Member

End the fixed contract

Hello,
I was working on fixed contract.Amount of client was in escrow.
I submitted the part1 of work.No response of client till now.Its been a week.I just ended the project.
When will i receive amount which is in escrow?
Now in escrow it is showing 0.
Once i ended it is showing 0.So when will i receive the amount for which i worked recently?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sajal36
Community Member

Hi, 

I believe project must be ended after consulting with client even if there is no payment is involved. This is the best case as all party are aware of the action I believe as you and implictly or explictly agree on the same if response is given or not. As you ended the project,  I believe the refund was given back to the client.  This might impact your JSS too and received negative feedback from client so you need to also see how to fix that.

You can try to reach out to the client in multiple ways - 

1. Goto all contract and message the client of your deliverable against the milestone. Request him for the payment against the deliverble  Also mention, that you ended the contract as there was no respnse so you will be opening up another contract

2.  For part 2 work, you can propose a new contract to the client withe renewed terms of services

I believe you must try and figure out ways to re-engage with client. Also try to check other job post by client whether he is reviewing the same or coming online. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

When you ended the contract before submitting for payment, you returned the escrow amount to the client. 

What you should have done:

1. Submit for payment.

2. Wait until you get paid automatically 

3. Let the client end the contract so you get feedback. 

sajal36
Community Member

Hi, 

I believe project must be ended after consulting with client even if there is no payment is involved. This is the best case as all party are aware of the action I believe as you and implictly or explictly agree on the same if response is given or not. As you ended the project,  I believe the refund was given back to the client.  This might impact your JSS too and received negative feedback from client so you need to also see how to fix that.

You can try to reach out to the client in multiple ways - 

1. Goto all contract and message the client of your deliverable against the milestone. Request him for the payment against the deliverble  Also mention, that you ended the contract as there was no respnse so you will be opening up another contract

2.  For part 2 work, you can propose a new contract to the client withe renewed terms of services

I believe you must try and figure out ways to re-engage with client. Also try to check other job post by client whether he is reviewing the same or coming online. 

If I were the client, and the freelancer ended the contract just because I was too busy to reply within a week, I would not further engage with this freelancer. It was clearly mid-contract, he might have left the client in a really bad situation not completing the project. 

Hastily ending a contract without a good reason does not demonstrate professionalism on the part of the freelancer. There is no reason to end a contract mid-job, or even after finishing the job. It can be left open for months without negative consequences. 

What makes you think the client left bad feedback? There is no indication he left any feedback. 

7730aedf
Community Member

Thanks Sajal.

i was not aware of it. Since client have not responded after sending multiple messages in the project.I just ended up the contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths