🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ended Contract. Time Logged and Client's ...
Page options
4b38221a
Community Member

Ended Contract. Time Logged and Client's Company Name Changed

Hello Upwork Community,

Unfortunately, I ended my contract with a client while my payments were pending and got a dispute from him for the hours that I have worked on last week, and probably my hours logged this week will be disputed too. I posted the root cause of this on my post yesterday: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Toxic-client-Ended-my-contract-on-my-own-will-Will-I-sti...

I declined the dispute and still waiting for the final decision. However, I noticed that my logs for Friday (July 24), the same day I ended the contract, were removed from my work diary and my total hours went down to 33:30hrs. As far as I remember, Upwork timer was running during the time we had our last meeting with him (the same day I ended the contract) which turned into a serious altercation. I also worked on a task before the said meeting. I am very sure and confident that Upwork took screenshots of it as well as our conference meeting before everything has ended.

Does Upwork keep history of the original hours and screenshots, or do clients have the right to delete the screenshots, or remove the time logged after a contract has ended? The screenshots were very important to me in preparation for another dispute that my client might request. 

Is this a normal behavior or a system glitch? Moreover, I noticed that the client has changed their Company Name, which is different from the contract that I have signed for. We were never informed of this company name change so I am not sure what exactly happened. He also filed the dispute using the new company name. I am not sure but the last time I checked, he is still using their original entity name to make deals with their clients, internal tools, and also on their corporate site.

Thanks in advanced!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Probably best to contact Support...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Luchelle Bianca Ca P wrote:

Does Upwork keep history of the original hours and screenshots, or do clients have the right to delete the screenshots, or remove the time logged after a contract has ended? The screenshots were very important to me in preparation for another dispute that my client might request. 

Clients can't remove time, but you lose access to the work diary when you end a contract.

The dispute will be decided purely on the work diary:

• all time was tracked with the tracker, and
  • the activity levels were high, and
  • meaningful work memos on the screenshots, and
  • no non-work related screenshots.

The company name change is irrelevant as far as the dispute is concerned.

4b38221a
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the prompt response and for clarifying that it has nothing to do with the dispute. I felt relieved.

Is it still valid for me to report the deleted time logs? It really seems odd because I am sure that Upwork timer has logged the hours that I briefly spent on a certain task and still clearly remember that my last screenshot was related to our meeting. I also took a backup of it 4 hours after I ended the contract. Though just a snippet on the Upwork Timer as I lost access to the work diary. 

Thanks again.

petra_r
Community Member

Luchelle Bianca Ca P wrote:

Is it still valid for me to report the deleted time logs?

When you go to Your Reports Home page, are there no hours listed for that day? Remember that the client won't be able to dispute this week's hours until Monday anyway.

4b38221a
Community Member

Hello Petra,

Yes. See attached screenshot.

Aside from the snippet of my last screenshot before ending the contract, I also have non-Upwork proofs though that the meeting indeed happened. I still have the invites in my calendar and my gmail account with them, which they have disabled but luckily, emails were stilll cached. They also included the matter that we discussed during the meeting as one of their dispute reasons, which I believe will not be valid for their dispute for my last week's logged hours as it didn't happen until July 24. Maybe, they will put the same reason again this week.

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Probably best to contact Support...

4b38221a
Community Member

Thanks Petra! 

It was a great help, as always. 

Hi Luchelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members