Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ended Contract without work

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 24, 2018
1 of 3

Hi Upwork,

My previous client directly gave me project by creating offer, requirements in his offer were simple and clear so accepted it but after that he himself got confused and asked me to make changes in project. At the he hired some one else, and asked me to refund his money in escrow. Although I have done some work  but as he was not satisfied so to return his money I ended his contract and selected the option '' client does not needs this project anymore'' I also asked him if he get any feedback option leave me with good feedback as we were mutually agreed to end the contract, but he didn't got any feedback option.

But now my question is that will this ended contract affects my profile? Currently, I am on Rising Talent status. I am just worried about my profile success score.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

The client ended the contract so the client will  have left (private) feedback. It is impossible for the client to have ended the contract without doing so.

That (private) feedback will determine the impact on your metrics, for better or for worse, whether something was paid or not.

Zero paid contracts can significantly hurt your metrics if there is either no (private) feedback or poor (private) feedback.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 24, 2018
3 of 3

Client didn't ended it, I ended contract and client said that he didn't get any feedback option.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS