🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ended contract. How do I pay freelancer or w...
Page options
28d25f65
Community Member

Ended contract. How do I pay freelancer or where did my escrow go?

Hello.  Im new.  I had a freelancer build a website.  We agreed on a price of $550.  First milestone was for $275.  I released that amount. I had $275 in escrow.  I thought by ending the contract the remaining $275 would be released to the freelancer.  That didn't happen.  What happen to the escrow amount?  How do I pay the freelancer what I owe her now?

5 REPLIES 5
opsogreen1
Community Member

Jim J wrote:

Hello.  Im new.  I had a freelancer build a website.  We agreed on a price of $550.  First milestone was for $275.  I released that amount. I had $275 in escrow.  I thought by ending the contract the remaining $275 would be released to the freelancer.  That didn't happen.  What happen to the escrow amount?  How do I pay the freelancer what I owe her now?

Hi Jim,

As you had ended the project already so you have to assign her new project again for paying the rest of the money. Otherwise, there is no other way remaining.

Your escrow milestone was $275 that's why you were released $275. As there was no other milestone you created and you ended the project so freelancer got only $275. To create a new project for her again and release the rest of the money you owe her 🙂

Hope this help 🙂

Thanks

m_sharman
Community Member

Jim J wrote:

I believe you can also issue the  $275  as a bonus.

Exactly.

You really DO NOT need to create a new contract. Or a new milestone.

Even though the contract has ended, you may pay any amount as a bonus.

The full amount associated with the contract, whether it is paid out of escrow or paid via a bonus payment, will be what she will receive, and will be what is associated with this contract in her job history.

That would be ideal to pay as a bonus. What happened to my $275 in escrow. It states that I have $0 now.

re: "That would be ideal to pay as a bonus. What happened to my $275 in escrow. It states that I have $0 now."

It was automatically returned to the account from which it was paid: Your credit card account or your PayPal  account.

You will see it show up there within 4 or 5 business days.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members