cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ended contract due to communication issues

neha93517
Active

Hi
I had to end a contract due to some communication issues with the client.
We agreed on ending the contract without any payment exchange.
I would like to know if this will affect my profile and job success score in any way ?

23 REPLIES 23
datasciencewonk
Community Guru

Hi Neha,

 

If you accepted the contract but had no exchange of payment, the client is still prompted to leave private feedback on the back end. FLs can neither see nor have access to this feedback. But, it does factor into your JSS calculation. As long as you haven't been paid by the client, at all, there will be no public feedback. 

Hi Kat
Thank you for replying. 🙂
Is ending the contract going to affect my job success score -vely ?
I don't have any such history though.


@Neha S wrote:

Hi Kat
Thank you for replying. 🙂
Is ending the contract going to affect my job success score -vely ?
I don't have any such history though.


 Yes. It will have an impact on your JSS. 

martinceisel
Community Leader

Yeah, I ended a contract early on because a client was being disrespectful—my JSS definitely took a bit of a dip. It's not insurmountable, though (I'm back over 90% now).

Hi Martin 
Thank you for letting me know that 🙂
I guess I can just hope that it doesn't drop.

Is there anything i can do to prevent it ?
Like getting new contract or anything ?

Just keep winning contracts and completing work satsifactorily—eventually, the hits to your JSS will cycle out and your star will shine bright again.


@Neha S wrote:

Hi Martin 
Thank you for letting me know that 🙂
I guess I can just hope that it doesn't drop.


 Neha, if it does drop, and you are certain it was because of this particular contract, not the 4.0 feedback you received in May (did you get that before or after the last JSS update?) then you can use your top rated perk to have the impact removed from your JSS calculation. (Assuming you haven't used it in the last 3 months / 10 contracts)

neha93517
Active
Thank you Martin 🙂
neha93517
Active
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying. 🙂
The 4.0 rating was after the JSS update. And I'm not aware of the perk you mentioned above . Can you please enlighten me regarding it ?
neha93517
Active
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying. Smiley Happy
The 4.0 rating was after the JSS update. And I'm not aware of the perk you mentioned above . Can you please enlighten me regarding it ?

@Neha S wrote:
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying. Smiley Happy
The 4.0 rating was after the JSS update. And I'm not aware of the perk you mentioned above . Can you please enlighten me regarding it ?

 Here is the information about it:

 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228?flash_digest=6791aa578092af1cf0efc66ff87f677d...

neha93517
Active
Thank you Amy 🙂
I was reading what I could find. The contract I just ended might effect my job success score so should I use the perk before it can affect my JSS( because if my jss updates now then there's a chance that I'll loose my top rated badge) . What should I do?

 


@Neha S wrote:
Thank you Amy 🙂
I was reading what I could find. The contract I just ended might effect my job success score so should I use the perk before it can affect my JSS( because if my jss updates now then there's a chance that I'll loose my top rated badge) . What should I do?

 It's a pain because that 4.0 could affect you too, depending on the private feedback. So you won't know (on Sunday) which contract caused the drop....

 

How positive (or not) do you think either client's private feedback was in the end? Which will have left worse private feedback? That's the one you want to lose.

neha93517
Active
The contract I ended , that client doesn't have any way he can mess with my feedback. (Except for the private comment) on the other hand the 4.0 rating one can affect me -vely in the next JSS update. I think Last update resulted in JSS drop because one client paused the contract without any reason. I don't know what should I do .
Should I wait till the next update or at least till this client send his private feedback

@Neha S wrote:
The contract I ended , that client doesn't have any way he can mess with my feedback. (Except for the private comment) on the other hand the 4.0 rating one can affect me -vely in the next JSS update. I think Last update resulted in JSS drop because one client paused the contract without any reason. I don't know what should I do .
Should I wait till the next update or at least till this client send his private feedback

Neha,

 

I can't be certain, but your statement sounds as if you are discounting the absolutely most important factor in the JSS: private client feedback—it's not a "comment," it's a rating on a ten-point scale. As I understand it, our JSS does not take a hit from our closing contracts per se; it does take a hit if the circumstances that precipitated the closure also lead the client to rate us poorly in private.

I believe we have a short window for requesting removal of feedback immediately after losing top-rated status. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along to confirm or contradict, and clarify whether any such provision applies to you. [edited to add: ...likely not if for no other reason than the time elapsed since the post I'm replying to.]

 

Best,

Michael

neha93517
Active
Hi everyone I'm back with another question.
My JSS is up again but I'm confused as it didn't earn me the top rated badge back.
How does it work ?
Please help.
Thank you.

@Neha S wrote:
Hi everyone I'm back with another question.
My JSS is up again but I'm confused as it didn't earn me the top rated badge back.
How does it work ?
Please help.
Thank you.

 Hi Neha,

 

On your "My Stats" page, what does it say for "Top Rated eligible weeks?"

neha93517
Active
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying this quick 🙂
It's 14 out of 16 eligible weeks . Which is why I'm concerned.

@Neha S wrote:
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying this quick 🙂
It's 14 out of 16 eligible weeks . Which is why I'm concerned.

 Hmmmm, in that case I would give it a day or two, and see if it pops back up. I assume there is a zero against "recent account holds?"

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neha,

 

I do see you have 13 out of 16 eligible weeks and our team will follow up with more information on the multiple tickets you just submitted.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS