🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ended contract end did full refund - How it w...
Page options
eddy-patrik
Community Member

Ended contract end did full refund - How it will effect JSS

Hello,

I faced this situation first time in my career. Client hired me on Saturday and I was working with him. I told him that i will work next day. I worked at day time. I'm in IST and he is in PST. On Monday morning when he appears he started asking me to review code and fixing issues.

Code was already written by some one else. There was 6 developers who already worked on it. When I saw his upwork profile I saw all of them left the job as code was very messy and most of them written there. He didn't give 5 star to any developer and all are in between 2-3.5 rating.

He wants the developer to work the way he wants. So I asked him that I can't work like that and later stage he may ruin my reviews too. He asked me to leave.

I did full refund to his earning and asked him to close contract but he is not in mood to close the contract even. He removed me from messenger and disappeared.

So I closed my contract. Refunded his all amount and I did all this with in 3 days. I need to know how much it will effect my JSS. 

Right now I have an 94% Success Score. How much it will effect my current score.

Please suggest.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Can't tell you how much it will affect but it seems to affect negatively.
As you refunded the full amount, it became a no earning job and the job was not ended in good terms so there should be a negative effect of this job on your JSS in next updates.
I can see you are a top rated freelancer and so you can use your Top rated perk to remove the feedback from your JSS calculation, if you haven’t already used it.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Can't tell you how much it will affect but it seems to affect negatively.
As you refunded the full amount, it became a no earning job and the job was not ended in good terms so there should be a negative effect of this job on your JSS in next updates.
I can see you are a top rated freelancer and so you can use your Top rated perk to remove the feedback from your JSS calculation, if you haven’t already used it.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

petra_r
Community Member

prateek s wrote:

When I saw his upwork profile I saw all of them left the job as code was very messy and most of them written there. He didn't give 5 star to any developer and all are in between 2-3.5 rating.

The time to check a client's history is before accepting a contract, not after it's all gone wrong already.

He mentioned all of them left and code was written by some one else on the weekend. so that means he gave them negative review after he started his contract with him. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members