🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ended contract remaining payment issue
Page options
rigishan
Community Member

Ended contract remaining payment issue

Hello, Recently I worked with a client and it was a $40 job. He asked me to do some additional work and propose an additional bonus of $20 which made it a total of $60.

My contact ID is 21959405

He sent me $40 offer I accepted it, he made a milestone of $20 which was released by him and paid me the bonus $20. Then he ended the contract. Total I got $40 in my account.

I have a remaining $20 that was not released and I asked the client about it, he said, he paid me $60 in total but why I am not getting paid the remaining $20.

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Take a look at your Reports Overview page

Can you see the missing $ 20 under Pending?

If yes, the date it will become available will be on the left

I don't think the client paid you $ 60.The client paid you $ 20 for one milestone and $ 20 as a bonus. The remainder was not funded (?) hence not paid.

rigishan
Community Member

Hello Petra,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are correct he paid me a total $40 and I received that. First $20 for the milestone and 2nd $20 as a bonus. The remaining $20 of the main contract is not paid yet.

I have asked my client and he talked with upwork support, and upwork support replied that "they looked into your account and said that you had indeed received it." but the thing is that I did not receive the payment yet.

petra_r
Community Member

Raisul Islam G wrote:

I have asked my client and he talked with upwork support, and upwork support replied that "they looked into your account and said that you had indeed received it." but the thing is that I did not receive the payment yet.

Get in touch with support yourself and ask them to either show you where the money is or contact the client back to clarify.

rigishan
Community Member

Yes, I have already contacted upwork support about this matter.

I have another issue that, do you think for this reason my job success score is 75%, I have asked all my clients whom I have worked here if they have given me any bad score in private or not. They said that they have given me a good score in both private and public review.

petra_r
Community Member

Raisul Islam G wrote:

I have another issue that, do you think for this reason my job success score is 75%,

No, of course not. It has nothing to do with that.

Raisul Islam G wrote:

I have asked all my clients whom I have worked here if they have given me any bad score in private or not.

How unbelievably unprofessional of you.

One of them lied, but never, ever ask clients about private feedback, and never ask for good feedback either. It is best to never even mention feedback.

At any rate, asking about private feedback is unacceptable behaviour.  Do you understand what "private" means?

rigishan
Community Member

Yes, I understand what private means. You are getting me wrong.

I did not ask them directly about it, I don't see the reason for giving a 5-star review in public and having a bad score in private review.

So I generally asked them if they are now satisfied with my work if they want any revision or want a refund.

That's all I asked them. And they replied they have given me a good score in both private and public.

petra_r
Community Member

Raisul Islam G wrote:

So I generally asked them if they are now satisfied with my work if they want any revision or want a refund.

That's all I asked them. And they replied they have given me a good score in both private and public.

LOL, that is NOT a natural reply from a client when asked "generally. "

No client would really respond to a "general" question that way. None. No chance.

rigishan
Community Member

I guess it happened with me.

I am new to this market and only worked with 3 clients. But thanks a lot for your advice, I will keep that in my mind for future projects.

Is it just me, or is the Milestones & Earnings screen very confusing? 

I've never needed to look at this screen in relation to my own contracts, but whenever I've seen someone post a screenshot here, I've had difficulty making sense of it. I think I've now finally worked out what it all means, but I'm not sure.

"Budget". Is this the original budget from the job post? If so, why is it shown at all? That figure is just the starting point for negotiations, or even just a placeholder. It isn't part of the agreed contract. I suppose that there is a significant proportion of contracts where the agreed total price is equal to the budget, but I think it's unhelpful to make this an automatic assumption.

"In escrow". This seems to be the amount remaining in escrow. OK, but...

"Remaining". This is the really confusing one, because it sounds like the amount remaining in escrow, but we've just had that. I assume now that it's Budget minus Milestones Paid. But that's not clear, and in many cases it's not a relevant figure because the Budget is not a relevant figure.  (ETA. On second thoughts, maybe this is Budget minus the original value of completed milestones, since some milestones might not have been fully paid.)

"Total Earnings". This appears to include bonuses, which makes sense. But it would be much clearer if Bonuses was shown as one of the items. It could replace the confusing and largely useless Remaining item. Then we would be able to see that Milestones Paid + Bonuses = Total Earnings. 

Oh, wait. This is Upwork. How silly of me to expect a non-confusing display! Smiley Wink

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members