christa-marie

Ended contract still shows as 'Active' on my profile

Hello UW Community. 

I successfully completed a job and the contract was signed off, payment released, no issues. This was five days ago, yet the contract still shows as an active milestone, and an ongoing job on my profile. 

Anyone any idea why this is happening, and how I should go about getting the job properly closed?

TIA

Christa

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r

@Christa D wrote:

I successfully completed a job and the contract was signed off, payment released, no issues. This was five days ago, yet the contract still shows as an active milestone, and an ongoing job on my profile.

You should contact your client to end the contract if they don't have any more work for you in the immediate future.

OK, so I just ended the contract myself. She prefers to open new contracts for new work, but I guess she forgot to this time. Will my ending the contract affect my JS score?

Hi Christa,

Since you ended the contract yourself, you'll need to remind your client to leave their feedback if they don't follow up on the contract in the meantime. Note that we strongly advise freelancers to ask their clients to close the contract, since the party that ends the contract is required to leave their feedback.

Untitled

Thanks for responding, Vladimir. Do you mean to suggest that it's the feedback that makes a difference to the JS score? Not a freelancer ending a contract? I will contact her for feedback.

A suggestion - this type of advice will serve Freelancers well on the 'End Contract' page, I think, before the final 'End Contract' command is given. Perhaps a notification can be added?

Hi Christa,

Thnaks for the suggestion. We've shared this advice in different resources on our website (for example in this Help article), some of which you can review here, and currently don't have plans to add this information as a notification on the contract details page.

Untitled