Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ended contract without all milestones released

Highlighted
Lina Z Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
1 of 4

Hi guys!

Had an urgent contract, that needed to be done in 24 hours, for 150$, which was fine for client and for me. Contract contained 3 milestones (50$ each), but as it was urgent, I didn´t care that much about  were they released one by one or not. Project was ended succesfully. 

With the client we agreed that we can close the contract. But he didn´t release 2 milestones and ended the contract. So in the end my earning is 50$. 

My question is what can be done in this situation? Client should reopen the contract and release missing milestones?

Thank you,

Best,

Halyna

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 4

Start by explaining to the client that by ending the contract, it prevented the other milestones from being paid and ask that he pay you the remaining fees via a bonus. If the client refuses, then know that you have been tricked. No need to assume the worst until you at least ask the client to pay. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Allen W Member Since: Oct 7, 2017
3 of 4

Halyna, I agree with the other reply. If this is a new client to Upwork, they may not have realized what happened. Hopefully it can be cleared up and you can get the money you worked for. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: May 14, 2017
4 of 4

I agree with the others. I've had to walk and talk a few new Upwork clients through the process. Chances are, that's all it will take.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS