🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending Contacts?
Page options
74b5b3f8
Community Member

Ending Contacts?

Are you sure you want to end this contract? You have not received payment and the $0.00 in escrow will be returned to your client. If you're waiting for payment for work done, talk to the client before closing this contract.

I received this message but it shows that the client paid the amount in the contract. The money isn't showing up in my earnings at all. How do I fix this? If I close the contract will I still get the money or does it go back to the client since it shows paid? I have attached an image to show it has been paid.

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Haileigh,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that for fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client if you end the contract.

Don't worry! To help protect everyone using the platform, Upwork maintains a security period for all transactions, both payments, and refunds. It gives us time to process and clear the payments, and resolve any disputes before releasing your funds. All manual payments, including milestones and bonuses, become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed. You can check the payment that's been processed by going to Reports> Transaction history.

~ Arjay
Upwork
74b5b3f8
Community Member

So in 5 days I can end the contract and the payment will have gone through?

Hi Haileigh,

Thank you for your response. On a fixed-price contract, ending the contract forfeits any funds remaining in escrow. Instead, it is often best to complete your last milestone before you end the contract. In your case, since the payment has been processed and there are no funds remaining in escrow, you can end the contract if you wish. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members