🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending a Contract
Page options
parbatbastola
Community Member

Ending a Contract

Hello there,

I have 3 Completed jobs with good feedback and 2 in progress. Among these two, one of them was supposed to close before 20 days. The contract was initiated a month ago. The client had told that he would end the contract but it has been 20 days and he is not responding. 

In this situation, should I wait some more time to see whether he responds or not? Does it hamper my profile if I still let the project open? 

Or should I close the contract myself?  In this case, how will it affect my Profile?

P.S. The project went pretty well, the communication between us was also great. After he Paid the agreed fees and received all the files, he went contactless.

Please suggest me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your JSS will not affect if the client does not leave feedback. 

It will affect your jss either positively or negatively if the client leaves feedback. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Parbat,

You may send your client a message and let them know that if they no longer have any work for you, they can end the contract. If they still do not respond, you do have the option to end the contract yourself. 

To end your contract

1. Go to My Jobs
  2. Click the contract's title
  3. Select the (...) options menu
  4. Click End contract

You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, Joanne,

Does it affect my JSS or Profile if I end the Contract myself?

Your JSS will not affect if the client does not leave feedback. 

It will affect your jss either positively or negatively if the client leaves feedback. 

Thank you very much for your valuable time 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members