🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending a contract before payment is "Availabl...
Page options
lillydahab
Community Member

Ending a contract before payment is "Available"

Hi,

If I finished work for a client and they approved the milestone, can I ask them to end the contract? Or do I have to wait for the payment to be "Available" first before ending a contract? I wanted to ask the client to end it immediately when we're done because they tend to disappear after work is delivered then I have to end the contract and get no feedback. Also, how does it work for hourly rates? Do I have to wait till payment is under "Pending" or "Available" to ask a client to end or does it go through normally as long as the hours are logged? Please let me know which approach is preferred, thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ola,

Once the funds are released you can close the contract and they will still become available on your account.

For hourly contracts even if the contract is ended in the same week you have worked, the work diary will still be sent to your clients. They will be billed for the hours you have tracked and the funds will become available to you.
To learn more about our weekly billing cycle, check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ola,

Once the funds are released you can close the contract and they will still become available on your account.

For hourly contracts even if the contract is ended in the same week you have worked, the work diary will still be sent to your clients. They will be billed for the hours you have tracked and the funds will become available to you.
To learn more about our weekly billing cycle, check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths