🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ending a contract on hold
Page options
jonnarege
Community Member

Ending a contract on hold

So I have client who had had his account put on hold twice in the last 3 weeks. I know one time was for payment issues and assume this one is, too. So I missed out on $300 of billable work this week.

Does Upwork have a policy for canceling clients like this?

I am done and want to cancel the contract, but don't want to get a bad review because this guy doesn't have his financing in order.

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jonna R wrote:

So I have client who had had his account put on hold twice in the last 3 weeks. I know one time was for payment issues and assume this one is, too. So I missed out on $300 of billable work this week.

Does Upwork have a policy for canceling clients like this?

I am done and want to cancel the contract, but don't want to get a bad review because this guy doesn't have his financing in order.

Thank you for your help!

It does not necessarily mean a bad review if you close the contract. Most clients never respond.

The best thing to do is to find your most professional excuse (other obligations and you hope he understands yada yada yada) and tell the client you will be ending the contract. Just don't surprise him out of the blue.

mystudiomke
Community Member

Communicate in a professional tone and end contract. If you been idle this long, most likely you won't receive feedback. 

Lila
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths