🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ending a contract with a client
Page options
potito123
Community Member

Ending a contract with a client

Hey! let´s see if somebody knows, Can i end a contract if the payment is in escrow? i don´t mean to charge the client anything, i just started the job hours ago, i don´t want the money, i just want to get out of this contract.

The client insists in talking outside the platform, and he is not clear of what he needs and i have the strong feeling it´s not going to end well.

Do you know if i can end it without charging him without this reflecting badly in my profile or job success?

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Camila P wrote:

Hey! let´s see if somebody knows, Can i end a contract if the payment is in escrow? i don´t mean to charge the client anything, i just started the job hours ago, i don´t want the money, i just want to get out of this contract.

The client insists in talking outside the platform, and he is not clear of what he needs and i have the strong feeling it´s not going to end well.

Do you know if i can end it without charging him without this reflecting badly in my profile or job success?

Contracts with no money paid will negatively affect your JSS. And there's nothing wrong with talking off of the platform, as long as all payments go via Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths