cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contact

anzum2017
Al M Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
1 of 3

Dear expert please response I'm new here joined on upwork about two months ago. Recently I got an offer but this is so much difficult to do for me and I want to end contact. Will it affect my sucess rate? Let me know how can I end contact which does not affect my profile reputation. It is urgent....

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi AI,

Please communicate with your client before taking action and ending your contract. Note that your client will have the option to leave private feedback and this contract will be included in your Job Success Score calculation.

Going forward, make sure to bid on and accept offers for contracts you're sure you have skill, experience and time to complete in line with the client's requirements.

Untitled
tta192
Community Guru
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
3 of 3

Just tell them that after analyzing the project in more detail, you noticed you won't be able to deliver. You don't want to waste their time (and money), so you let them know about this as soon as possible.

Your client will have no reason to give you low feedback, as long as they don't have to pay. So make sure they understand that they'll get their money back.

This is not entirely your fault! The client needs to make sure you have ALL the details for the job BEFORE the start of the contract.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS