🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ending contract myself?
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

Ending contract myself?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to do with lots of open contracts since many months?

Client used me and got away that is logical but can I terminate these contracts myself? Can I leave feedback saying I like the client so much to see if they like me back? What is the cleverest decision?

As anyone entering to my profile would see there first these open contracts and are actually hiddden my lots of 5 stars jobs so is no convenient for me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok Fabio, many thanks.

Nichola, I just was missing your comments, I hope you are doing great.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

1. Can anyone tell me what to do with lots of open contracts since many months?

2. can I terminate these contracts myself?

3. Can I leave feedback saying I like the client so much to see if they like me back?

1. Contact clients once (!) asking them if they would please close the contract. If no response after a week, close them, one at a time (NOT all at once) - and do jobs that close with feedback in between. (Purely because you don't want a bunch of "No feedback" contracts at the top of your profile, and because you don't want a large percentage of such contracts. The BEST time to get a client to close the contract and leave feedback is immediately after the work was done, not months later when they are no longer invested.

2. Of course you can (but see above)

3. That would be stupid. First of all clients can not even see your feedback for them until they left feedback for you, and this is not Facebook where you get to play "I like yours if you like mine..." You should leave accurate honest feedback.

What a pity I always like leaving flatterying feedback, maybe stupid, maybe funny. I'll be more careful in the future. Thanks Petra.

be very very VERY careful with closing contracts. I did close several at once and my ranking went downstairs because for some reason closing many contracts at once has some kind of illogical penalization. Just close one or 2 per week, no more than that

colettelewis
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to do with lots of open contracts since many months?

Client used me and got away that is logical but can I terminate these contracts myself? Can I leave feedback saying I like the client so much to see if they like me back? What is the cleverest decision?

As anyone entering to my profile would see there first these open contracts and are actually hiddden my lots of 5 stars jobs so is no convenient for me.

Carlos,

I think you need a reality check on your abilities. Particularly your claim to native/bilingual English. You also appear to have a new account, with some of the most unlikely test results I have yet to see on Upwork. 

Ok Fabio, many thanks.

Nichola, I just was missing your comments, I hope you are doing great.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths