🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending milestone contract early
Page options
seejanewrite
Community Member

Ending milestone contract early

Good morning,

I am in the middle of a 5 week project-1 milestone per week.  My client has asked that I hold off on the 3rd milestone, as he hasn't yet been able to do what he needs with the information from milestone 2.  Is it better for him to close the contract, or leave it open?  Even if we closed it and he gave me a 5-star rating, would it look like I had decided not to complete the project?

Thanks,Becky

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

There's nothing that would necessitate closing the contract if the client plans to continue working with you. On the other hand, there's no real harm in closing it either. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

There's nothing that would necessitate closing the contract if the client plans to continue working with you. On the other hand, there's no real harm in closing it either. 

Thank you Tonya!
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Becky B wrote:

Good morning,

I am in the middle of a 5 week project-1 milestone per week.  My client has asked that I hold off on the 3rd milestone, as he hasn't yet been able to do what he needs with the information from milestone 2.  Is it better for him to close the contract, or leave it open?  Even if we closed it and he gave me a 5-star rating, would it look like I had decided not to complete the project?

Thanks,Becky

There is no visibility on your profile how many milestones a contract had, or if some are cancelled, etc. To be on the safe side, I would prefer to end the contract, it ensures you feedback which might not happen if the client never comes back. (Weirder things have happened!)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths