🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ending "Placed on Hold" Contract
Page options
whynot93
Community Member

Ending "Placed on Hold" Contract

Hi guys!

I might need your help here. 

Back in April I accepted a contract from a client but haven't heard from them again and the contract also got placed on hold. It is still placed on hold.

Now I want to close this contract but it is also funded in escrow and I'm terrified they could leave me a poor review. Can this occur? I'm not really interested in the funds. Will there also be a "no feedback given" scenario? 

Thanks 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Mary P wrote:

Back in April I accepted a contract from a client but haven't heard from them again and the contract also got placed on hold. It is still placed on hold.

Now I want to close this contract but it is also funded in escrow and I'm terrified they could leave me a poor review. Can this occur? I'm not really interested in the funds. Will there also be a "no feedback given" scenario? 

If no money was paid at all, no (public) feedback can be left.

If the contract is on hold, the client is suspended and contracts with them do not count into your JSS for better or for worse.

"No feedback" contracts are never a problem provided payment was made and you don't have a huge percentage of such contracts.

Just close it, the money in Escrow will go back to the client automatically.

whynot93
Community Member

Thanks Petra 🙂 one more question: contracts on hold don't affect JSS?

petra_r
Community Member

Mary P wrote:

Thanks Petra 🙂 one more question: contracts on hold don't affect JSS?

Contract on hold (not paused) means the client is suspended.

That means they don't effect your JSS for better or for worse.

If the client is ever un-suspended, the effect could come back though.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members