cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending the Contract without approving the submitted output from the milestone

a899aa8d
Active Member

What will happen if the client will end the contract without approving the milestone. We both agreed on the price and quality of work he/she is looking to. I submitted an output with the same quality the client wanted me to produce but it turns out that the client doesn't like the product even the quality is the same based on the reference provided by the client. The client is still not approving my work and wants to end the contract. Can I still get paid after 14 days if the client will end the contract?

 

I presented my work to the client with the reference beside it to show its comparison where the quality I made is similar to the client's attachment but the client is still not convinced and the client is demanding more even we just both agree on a low price.

I have other clients that pay higher than this client but don't demand the way he/she does.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kristian P wrote:

What should I do? Do I just need to wait for 14 days for me to get paid? What should I say to this client? Even you give a quality work, still, she doesn't want to pay my output.


Provided you have correctly submitted the work, I would suggest you say as little as possible and hope the client does not use the "request changes" function on the contract. If she starts doing that, you may eventually end up having to dispute.

How much money are we talking about?

 

OK, I see it's $60. I would, at any rate, end the contract after this first milestone. If you give her this first one at higher quality or not is ultimately your decision.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
dd63c576
Community Leader

You will get your payment. Don't worry about that but make sure to be nice with client and ask a good feedback so that your JSS may not be disturbed badly. 

Alright! Thank you so much. This is such a good news :). Stay safe and best regards!

The client responded to my message even I showed the comparison of my output and her reference. Still, she said that "sorry but i cannot pay $60 for this animation even for first milestone". And now, she is asking for another work to me with a lower price. We both agreed to make 5 animations for 300$ and divide them into 60$ each. I submitted the first one in a good quality but she said that she will not accepting it without saying any revisions and follows the reference. Right now, she is asking to do 5 more for 200$ without accepting the first milestone.

 

What should I do to this kind of client? Do I just need to ignore her and wait for 14 days to get paid on the first milestone?

petra_r
Community Guru

Kristian P wrote:

What will happen if the client will end the contract without approving the milestone. The client is still not approving my work and wants to end the contract. Can I still get paid after 14 days if the client will end the contract?


If you end the contract before the funds are released to you, you do not get paid and the funds go back to the client. If the funds are auto-released to you, you can end the contract.

If the client ends the contract and requests their escrow funds back, you would have to dispute to (at least try) to get paid.

 

Saddam H wrote:

You will get your payment. Don't worry about that


Simply not true.

Actually my client respoded to me and said that she will not still pay me from the output I submitted even I follow its quality because she is not happy from my output. And now, she is asking for a lower price in a higher quality output which is no longer worth its price.

 

What should I do? Do I just need to wait for 14 days for me to get paid? What should I say to this client? Even you give a quality work, still, she doesn't want to pay my output.


Kristian P wrote:

What should I do? Do I just need to wait for 14 days for me to get paid? What should I say to this client? Even you give a quality work, still, she doesn't want to pay my output.


Provided you have correctly submitted the work, I would suggest you say as little as possible and hope the client does not use the "request changes" function on the contract. If she starts doing that, you may eventually end up having to dispute.

How much money are we talking about?

 

OK, I see it's $60. I would, at any rate, end the contract after this first milestone. If you give her this first one at higher quality or not is ultimately your decision.

View solution in original post

This is how I negotiated to her after I submitted the output:

Client: you agreed to share the gif within a day

you took too long to make it
and i am not so happy with the quality ...i expected much more for a $60 animation of 5 seconds

 

Me: I just copy the same animation with your attach gif. The attached gif is just 4 seconds that's why the animation I made is almost same with the attachment.

 

Client: but i am paying you $60 , i expect something for that value

 

Me: In terms of quality, 60$ is reasonable for this kind of animation because the animation from the gif and the produced output is the same. The character model is still same and didn't deformed. Also, I asked if what kind of movement does the character needs to perform, you said that it should be similar to the gif that's why I follow it.

(Then I attached the video of the reference she sent me together with the final output I've created)

 

 

After this she responded to me:

 

Client: sorry but i cannot pay $60 for this animation even for first milestone.
could you do $200 for 5 animations

 

Hoping that she will not request changes for me still accept the payment. We both agreed on the amount and what kind of quality animation that's why I agreed to accept the project. Sorry if I burst my emotion to this :(. 

 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

In the attached sample, which one is yours? The large one or the small one in the insert window? The large one has considerably more detail and as someone who doesn't know animation (which probably applies to the client too) looks to be of considerably higher quality

Thanks!

I'm the one who produced the larger one. The design is provided by my client in png format. I retraced them because the file is of low quality. After that, I rigged them and lastly animate them. The smaller one is from the client where the file is only found on the internet. She told me that I should follow the animation based on her attached gif. She can't accept my work because of its quality according to her. That's why I rendered another video with her reference attached to show its comparison.


Kristian P wrote:

Thanks!

I'm the one who produced the larger one. The design is provided by my client in png format. I retraced them because the file is of low quality. After that, I rigged them and lastly animate them. The smaller one is from the client where the file is only found on the internet. She told me that I should follow the animation based on her attached gif. She can't accept my work because of its quality according to her. That's why I rendered another video with her reference attached to show its comparison.


I haven't been able to see the result, but from what you count, I'm afraid you've come across a customer who doesn't know anything about what they are ordering.
Only the the fact she says that cannot pay $ 60 for that quality but that offers you do all five for $ 200, already tells me that the best thing would be for you to get rid of the client.
As they have told you, if you have sent the work and they have not requested corrections in an "official" way (I mean to send with the send button to request payment and that she has requested corrections through the same channel), I would wait for the 14 days without saying anything, I would collect the money and then I would tell her that I cannot continue working with her.
I had a client of this type, not here, and I regretted a thousand times that I did not fire him when she started doing things like this. It was just a big headache.

 

Good luck!

Wow thank you so much for your enlightenment. This is such a big help. It's my first time to meet this kind of clients. I will just wait for 14 days without saying anything then I'll just end the contract after receiving the payment. Hopefully she will not request for change. Thanks again and stay safe! 🙂

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS