🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending the milestone
Page options
hemen-a
Community Member

Ending the milestone

I accept the work with 3 milestones and successfully completed 2 milestones for which the client accepted the work and milestone.

Now, on the 3rd milestones, the client is not understanding that a particular thing is non-achievable and wants to end the contract from my end.

If I end the contract, will I just lose my amount of 3rd milestone or for all the milestones (whole project - 1, 2nd and 3rd milestone). Please help urgently.

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Hemen A wrote:

If I end the contract, will I just lose my amount of 3rd milestone or for all the milestones (whole project - 1, 2nd and 3rd milestone). Please help urgently.

Only for the third, unless the client disputes and you concede the dispute or go to and lose arbitration. In a dispute, all milestones become disputable.

shakeelrehmat
Community Member

First try to convince your client to pay you the active 3rd milestone, in case he is unwilling to do so and requesting you  to end the contract, then you'll lose the amount of 3rd milestone only.

The payment of 1st and 2nd milestoe (that is already approved) will not be refunded until your client request you to do so.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths