🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Entering Hours During Timesheet Review Period
Page options
bookgal67
Community Member

Entering Hours During Timesheet Review Period

I'm well within the review period for my weekly timesheet (I still have more than 6.5 hours in the review period), but I can't make changes. I can only make changes for the new week. Why???

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Barbra H wrote:

I'm well within the review period for my weekly timesheet (I still have more than 6.5 hours in the review period), but I can't make changes. I can only make changes for the new week. Why???

Is the contract still open? (You can't make changes on closed contracts).

Thanks for answering so quickly! Yes, it's open. It's a new contract (started on Friday) with an existing long-term client. But I just figured out that I had to go into the timesheet to add my hours rather than using the timetracker.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Once the week ends, I have heard that there are twelve hours during which a freelancer can make changes in the work diary.

I don't know that from first hand experience. I have never tried to wait until after a work week ends to make changes in the work diary. I would never try to do that.

The time to record one's manually logged time is immediately after every work session. Not after the work week ends. Not at the end of the week. Not at the end of the day.

It should be done immediately.

A client may close a contract at any time, and there is nothing wrong with him doing so.

If Jerry worked for six hours this week, and waited until Saturday to log his time... but his client closed the contract on Friday... then Jerry will not get paid for his work.

I understand how logging manual hours works and that clients may close a contract at any time. Thank you for an answer that offers no helpful information for the issue I was experiencing.

re: "Thank you"

You're welcome.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members