🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Enterprise client didn't pay me after two...
Page options
e3d03a36
Community Member

Enterprise client didn't pay me after two weeks completed the job, is it normal?

Hi all,

It was my first time working for an enterprise client (Private Talent Cloud). I got the contract on August 12th and sent the approved and completed work on August 14th. 

The agent reached out to me on August 19th said the file has a missing link and I resent. 

On August 23rd I followed up on the payment the agent said she said she already requested payment approval and said hope to pay me within a week. 

Does it mean they can just disapprove and not paying me for what they approved and asked me for the final files? And is it normal for them to not pay even 2 weeks after the job is done?

Please let me know, thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Juliana,

Could you please share the contract ID of the job you're referring to so I can check? Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e3d03a36
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much! Yes the contract ID is 24897002. Thank you!

Juliana

Hi Juliana,

Thanks for following up. I checked the contract you are referring to and it seems that you already submitted work for the payment. To ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button. By doing so, your client will have 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Juliana L wrote:

Hi all,

It was my first time working for an enterprise client (Private Talent Cloud). I got the contract on August 12th and sent the approved and completed work on August 14th. 

The agent reached out to me on August 19th said the file has a missing link and I resent. 

On August 23rd I followed up on the payment the agent said she said she already requested payment approval and said hope to pay me within a week. 

Does it mean they can just disapprove and not paying me for what they approved and asked me for the final files? And is it normal for them to not pay even 2 weeks after the job is done?

Please let me know, thank you! 

You get paid automatically after 14 days after you click the submit for payment button, that is how it's supposed to work, and you never have to hound the client for payment. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths