🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Error 500 (A) login issue
Page options
intuneforwork
Community Member

We can't complete your request now Error 500 (A)

I am seeing error"We can't complete your request now Error 500 (A)". I have been using this account for over a month now. I am unable to add my work hours due to this error. The error pops up when i click on the contract. Contact me soon as I am unable to add the work hours.

I have tried multiple browsers, cleared cookies and tried on phone app.. same error!

Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 65932a4cbf24d5ab-BOM

168 REPLIES 168
jelenablack92
Community Member

Hello!

I tried to login to my upwork account but this message appears:

We can't complete your request now

Please try again later.
To report this problem, click here.

For availability updates, visit our site status page.

Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 4b94d43a3bc47c72-BEG

I have tried to use different browsers (chrome, mozzila firefox, edge...), also cleared cash and cookies but the issue persists.

Hi Jelena,

Are you receiving this error when you`re trying to log in for this account or another one? Could you also confirm if you`re seeing this on a computer or your mobile? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It happens when I try to log in to this account, on a computer. I am a new user.

Maybe it has something to do with confirming/validating my account? I can't find that email in my inbox, how can I get it again?

Hi Jelena,

Yes you will need to verify your email before proceeding, please check your spam and junk folders for the verification email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is it possible to resend that verification email because I can't find it anywhere (maybe I have deleted it)?

Hi Jelena,

Yes, once you have logged in to your account you will be able to resend the email. If you`re not able to do this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am logged in, but not able to resend verification email (I can't find that option) and error 500 (A) still appears, can you somehow resend me verification email? Thank you.

Hi Jelena,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, ive just registered my account and get the same propblem - 500 A error and cant log in

my email **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maryna,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't able to login and getting error Error 500 (A) Trace ID: 4ebc97d6692a8a7d-BOM

Hi Karthick,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same error and you need further help let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes I'm experiencing same error

Hi Karthick,

Do you have this problem with this account or another one? If it's another one, please send me a PM (click on my name) with your account details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have problem with this account (**edited for Community Guidelines**)

Hi Karthick, 

It looks like you haven't verified your email yet. Have you received the email to verify the email address you used for your Upwork account? If so, kindly click on the link on the email.

If after verifying your email the problem still persists, please let us know so that we can look into it for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried to verify the link but after clicking the same 500 a error is
coming
if possible send the link again to verify

Hi Karthick, 

I wanted to confirm if this happens after you clear your browser's cookies, or if you use a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Team, 

I am facing the same issue as mentioned above..

I can not sign in. Every time I try to login, it would tell me that "We can't complete your request now".I signed up in 2016. I did not remember whether I had verified my email address or not. But now I could not login again. I have tried to click the link which is Upwork sent me to verify my email in 2016. But whatever I did, it did not work. Please help me out.

account email : same as logged in with upwork community

Hi Himalaya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your email verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
696b686e
Community Member

I am having this issue as well. Cannot login to account, I just regitered for an account today. It's promopitng 500 error code. I've clear chache and started on a new private browser. Same result.

Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 558c1427dcb57fc6-SAN

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Han,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't log in because of the same problem.

Please try again later.
To report this problem, click here.

For availability updates, visit our site status page.

Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 5b66a55cc951d23c-SOF

Could you help me

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stojan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I'm unable to access my account, my project and even the desktop app is not working like it was before. I have to complete my contract job, submit work but Upwork is showing error 500. Please help, it's my first client and don't want to lose my contract. Please help.

Hi Areeba,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

I have the same problem
Can you please help me?

Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 4c0912349a34adb1-TLV

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. Then I searched my email verification and clik the link to confirm, but the page timed out.

Please help, thank you..

Hi Prayoga, 

Does this happen even if you try clearing your cookies or using a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

yes, after I clear cookies for both Firefox and Chrome, it still show error right after login.

The page address after login is 'https://www.upwork.com/signup/please-verify' (see attachment).

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing that, Prayoga. 

The team has confirmed that you may opt to use a new email address instead. Do let me know if you would like to keep using your old email address so that I can request for the team's assistance in trying to resolve this for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery, I will try to sign up with different email.

Hi Prayoga, 

Please just update the email address you have on file instead of signing up again as it is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. If you are unable to do this by yourself, let me know. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cefa75df
Community Member

Hi Avery, I already signed up using**Edited for community guidelines**and it worked.

The email that didn't work is**Edited for community guidelines**. What should I do now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prayoga,

Thank you for following up. You can go ahead and continue using this account (the active one) and our team will reach out to you directly and assist you with updating your email address with the one used for the inactive account.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cefa75df
Community Member

Thank you so much Bojan & Avery

I'm having a similar issue, can't log in, received the error when trying to set up my account. I never received the activation email and can't log in to resend it. I've tried clearing my cache and different browsers, with no luck. I get the same "Error 500 (A) Trace ID: 4f0ae824e96bd0f0-SJC".

I also don't seem to have access to messages on this platform, it says access denied every time I try to click on the mail icon up in the menu.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tiffany.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths