Did you mean: 

Error Message: THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK

revscott
Scott H Member Since: Feb 12, 2015
1 of 212

Tonight when opening the Upwork app on OSX 10.9.5 I receive this message: 

THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK

Please check your internet connection and restart the app

I have restarted my computer, triple checked my internet connection, re-downloaded the app and am still getting this message. Is this widespread or just me?

leodatascientist
Leonid S Member Since: May 27, 2015
2 of 212

This is widespread - I can only open My Job Feed on desktop Upwork site,but when I try to open job post,Upwork opens page with "Access is restricted to Upwork users only.Create an Account or Sign in to view this job post".Then I click "Sign in" or "Login" and I come to My Job Feed.;-)

horus92
Sergey M Member Since: May 27, 2015
3 of 212

Got same problem on OSX 10.10.

When open an tracking app receive error "THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK"

amitsodha27
Amit S Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
4 of 212

If you can solve this problem. so you can suggest me how to solve this problem becasue i have also face this type of problem in my Upwork app.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 212

Hi Amit,

I'm sorry you are having problems tracking your time with the Team App. Please, try restarting the Team App and check if your internet connection is stable. Also, going through this list of troubleshoting tips can often help users in resolving the issue.

If the problem persists, please submit a support ticket by clicking on your name at the bottom of the Team App and selecting "Contact Support".

Untitled
maybtric
Maybelle Tricia R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
6 of 212

Hi,

I've got the same problem as you. Have you resolve it? please advise.

Thanks,

-maybelle

gmiykael
Miykael G Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
7 of 212

I have the same problem for so many days now. It is very inconvenient for me to go to my sister's house and borrow her laptop every time I work because UPWORK team tool does not work on mine. I sent a support ticket and all I received was to "stay patient while the developer is still looking into the issue". I can be very patient, but, for how long? Time is running out. Still using the old oDesk tool which will be retired come January 2016.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 212

Hi Maybelle and Myikael,

I am sorry about the delay. Our engineers are still investigating the root cause for the issue. Meanwhile, there is a workaround you can use to load the App. Please, follow these steps:

1. Right click on the Upwork shortcut
  2. Select 'Properties'
  3. Click on 'Compatibility' tab
  4. Tick the box that says 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
  5. Select 'Windows 7'
  6. Click on 'OK'
  7. Open the Team App through the Upwork shortcut

I hope this helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
adonesp
Adones P Member Since: Jan 2, 2016
9 of 212

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 15.04 (64bit) and also getting this error. I tried installing/reinstalling the standard and beta for debian platform and had no luck. The app was working on Ubuntu 14.04 before I upgrade my system.

Please fix this. I can't work because of this error.

Thanks,

Adones

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 212

Hi Adones,

Please, check out this help article to see if the information there helps you troubleshoot.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS