cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error- upwork not sending job offer

ronhi
Amaya R Member Since: Nov 3, 2016
1 of 5

A client just sent me a message asking me to respond to his job offer. Interestingly, I  hadn't received any job offers. I checked the notifications just to be sure I hadnt missed it then told the client the offer hadn't come through. The client was not shocked and told me he had experienced this so many times and in his experience, resending the job offer will not solve the problem (because he had attempted that before with no success). 

He has resorted to contact customer support for a solution.

As I wait for CS to sort out the issue, I can't help but wonder:

1. Have other freelancers experienced this? If you have, please let me know how you solved it?
2. Why does this happen? Is it just a bug or did upwork block me for some mysterious reason? Mysterious because I am sure I haven't violated any terms

3. Could it be possible I have missed out on other job offers that were blocked and the client thought I was ignoring the offer?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Amaya,

I've checked and didn't find the conversation you mentioned in your Messages, so could you please pm me the screenshot of the conversation you had with a prospective client? We don't have an issue with job offers and I'd like to follow up on the client's account.

Also, please follow up on the notification our team sent you yesterday and make the necessary changes to your profile as explained in the ticket. 

Untitled

View solution in original post

ronhi
Amaya R Member Since: Nov 3, 2016
3 of 5

Hi Vladimmir,

I had not seen the ticket. I did as advised and that fixed the issue. I have recieved the notification and I have already responded to the offer. Thanks for your prompt response!

82848c74
Jebil S Member Since: Jan 21, 2018
4 of 5
Not able to send hire request to freelancer getting payment problem charging method error
joanbonjoc
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
5 of 5

Hi Jebil, Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Can you please try to send hire request again to the freelancer and see if it works this time. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS