Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when people looking at profile

yarmonov
Stanislav Y Member Since: Jan 26, 2015
1 of 11

Hello colleagues,

Just curious if anybody has the same problem as I.

When unregistered users trying to look at my profile, they get a red exclamation message "This Upwork Freelancer's profile is either private, restricted or blocked". Visibility profile setting is "Public" (but I tried all values, all with the same result).

After 2 months conversation with Upwork's support they decided that this is "by design" and I'm a victim of some mystic search: "when a Freelancer's profile didn't come up from the search result, it will give such message".

I've checked many profiles and never dealt with the same error.  May be some of you came across this error too?

P.S. Weird thing is that freelancer with 100% SS, > 1000 hours was trying to invite more clients to Upwork. But Upwork decided to disrespect him.

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Stanislav,

The logged-out site is not intended to reflect all the jobs and all the profiles available on Upwork. That's the role of the logged-in site, which is only visible to our registered users.

Somebody will follow up with you via the open ticket with more information.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
yarmonov
Stanislav Y Member Since: Jan 26, 2015
3 of 11

Hi Valeria,

Yes, I have heard this version when were talking with support for last two months. But it doesn explain a pretty simple thing.

Wanna hide my profile from unregistered users? Bad idea, but I'm ok with it. After success score it looks like the lesser evil. Just show login page (as it is shown for many private profiles). Or some friendly message. Invitation for new potential customer. But why does the Upwork disrespect me and the client showing red exclamation message with workds like "blocked", "restricted"? It seems that support doesn't understand the subtle matter of negotiation with potential clients.

So I have created this post, because was curious if there are anyone who is disrespected too.

Stanislav

karencoe
Karen Coe A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 11

I get the same error everytime someone visits my profile link.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 11

The logged-out site is not intended to reflect all the jobs and all the profiles available on Upwork. That's the role of the logged-in site, which is only visible to our registered users.

What exactly does a "unregistered client" see when they are posting a job?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
6 of 11

Hi Jean,

A visitor will be prompted to sign in  before being able to post a job.

~ Valeria
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
7 of 11

@Valeria, is this error not the same as the one I was complaining about, where using certain words/phrases in your overview blocks the profile from being viewed?

Also just wondering about the status of that error (SEO blocker)... I really need to include that phrase because it is one of the writing services that I offer. Is this error within Upwork's control or is it controlled by the search engine?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
8 of 11

Hi Isabelle Anne,

The behavior you are referring to is by design and is in accordance with the policies. We encourage users to contact customer support for details and clarifications.

~ Valeria
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
9 of 11

Ok, I will do that, although I would much rather talk to you about it than CS, as you respond quickly and efficiently to issues. CS might not even understand my question, let alone provide a reasonable response to it Smiley Sad

european74
Ace Contributor
Mariusz O Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
10 of 11

Hi,

My profile is not listed in search result. Only logged in people can find me in search result. But I would like to bring clients to Upwork from outside. It is not possible. 

How can I fix this? I contacted a few times Upwork staff but it is still no result.

(My profile is set to "PUBLIC")

All the best

Mariusz

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS