🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Error with my billing method
Page options
dm-sergeev
Community Member

Error with my billing method

Hello. I have a fully verified account, and there are no restrictions. But I have this error all the time "Financial transactions for Sergeev DM (5958645) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.". Also, after adding a Visa card for Upwork plus payment, I got an error that the payment cannot be completed "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". The card is entirely valid, and there are funds on it. Who faced such a problem? I would be very grateful if you could help

4 REPLIES 4
dm-sergeev
Community Member

Also I have this answer from upwork support: "Upon checking, it appears that we received this error for your recent transaction:
85 : No reason to decline a request for account number verification, address verification, CVV2 verification, or a credit voucher or merchandise return. 

Kindly note that decline codes come directly from the card-issuing bank. No further details are provided to us regarding this, and Upwork cannot override a decline response code in order to complete a transaction. Please do contact your bank and ask them about this specific charge decline error, as they will be able to provide you with more details regarding this, as well as advice on how to avoid this in the future."

My bank is Capital One USA

PradeepH

Hi Dmitrii,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance via the same support ticket.    

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. I added new card Master Card and have the same problem. I think it is not my bank. Because it can't be 2 different banks have the same issues. I think it restrictions from your service. Could you check it please? Because after my verification I again get this message - Financial transactions for Sergeev DM (5958645)have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

All banks from USA

Hello. I called the bank, and they said they didn't receive any canceled transactions. They also made a test transaction - there are no restrictions. If they are sure that the problem is on their side, they offer a group call so that you can explain to them what the problem is. But again, I think my account still has payment limits. Check, please. The card of the second bank also does not work, which is impossible because Upwork is an American company, and I have cards from American banks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members