🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Escrow money not showing in my balance.
Page options
jameygannon
Community Member

Escrow money not showing in my balance.

My client paid two milestones and I got notifications for them and in our messages, there was a message saying that the money was in escrow.  He also confirmed that the money had been withdrawn from his account, but I'm not seeing any funds in my "balance". I am aware that one cannot "get paid" until the balance is $100, but how long will the funds be in escrow before they show up in my balance and/or is something wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Jamey G wrote:

My client paid two milestones and I got notifications for them and in our messages, there was a message saying that the money was in escrow.  He also confirmed that the money had been withdrawn from his account, but I'm not seeing any funds in my "balance". I am aware that one cannot "get paid" until the balance is $100, but how long will the funds be in escrow before they show up in my balance and/or is something wrong?

I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding everything about the entire way Upwork payments work.

For starters, money in Escrow can not be withdrawn at all.  It is held in Escrow until you have done the job, submitted it to the client using the "Submit for payment" function on the contract, and the client approved it, releasing the funds from Escrow.

Also - you don't have to wait until you have $ 100 to withdraw. You can withdraw any available amount at any time. The $ 100 is simply the minimum amount that triggers an automatic withdrawal to your payment method.

You should familiarize yourself with your "My Reports Page" - where you will find the funds in the "work in progress tab" - click on the question marks to learn what that means, and the Get Paid Help Pages

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Thanks for the reply! I realized that it was pending and in a different
window/section of my profile that I thought that it would be.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members