evgenytr

Escrow not released

Hello, 

I have a fixed price contract with new client, obviously not very familiar with upwork. Money are in escrow, job completed and accepted, client said 'Thanks' and disappeared without releasing escrow. And I cannot contact him for more than a week. 

I wonder - if he doesn't come back, what do I do? shall I open dispute or...? 

thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mohamedghamad

Always use the green "Submit work" button to request payments. If the client doesn't approve it, Upwork will automatically release the funds to you after 14 days.

Mohamed

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mohamedghamad

Always use the green "Submit work" button to request payments. If the client doesn't approve it, Upwork will automatically release the funds to you after 14 days.

Mohamed

I did, in fact. Ok, so I just need to wait - thank you for clarifying. 

@Evgeny T wrote:

I did, in fact. Ok, so I just need to wait - thank you for clarifying. 

Your client has 14 days in which to review your work, if you don't hear back from him, Upwork will automatically release the money into your account. (You will still have the five-day waiting period after the 14 days is up.)

ETA: Sorry for the repetition Mohamed I answered this before signing in - so didn't see your reply until now.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evgeny,

I can confirm Mohamed's reply. Please check the release information next to the Milestone you submitted on the contract details page and read this Help article for more details about the Escrow release process.

Untitled