🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Escrow return requested
Page options
romacreativ
Community Member

Escrow return requested

Hello, Upwork team!
I received a request from my client for a refund from escrow. I contacted my client and he said he didn 'task for the funds back.
The contract was not fulfilled in full, the client for some reason did not want to continue work and complete the stage. I asked the client to pay for the work done, but he does not want to do it, finds all kinds of reasons. Says you have to wait for the refund request to take effect automatically. And I won 't get the money for the work done. I opened a dispute. Dispute Case for Contract ID# 23346529 The client discouraged me from doing that.
I 'm doing the right thing, but there 's no experience in resolving the dispute.
What do I do next?

6 REPLIES 6
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Follow the instructions you receive from Upwork's mediation team exactly and promptly.

If you did some of the work and the client did something that prevented you from completing the work initially agreed with the client, don't let the client talk you out of getting paid a reasonable portion of the full amount due for the complete project.

Good luck. 

Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer.

JoanneP

Hi Roman, 

I checked, and your case is being reviewed by the disputes team. They will update you directly on your ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer.
prestonhunter
Community Member

Hello, Roman:

I am very sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

You have already received good advice about what to do next.

Just to be clear about how things work:

When a client funds an escrow payment for fixed-price work, it is not Upwork's intention that the client get that money back. That money is intended to go to the freelancer who was hired to do the work.

It is always okay for the client to decide that he does not want to continue with a project, and as long as he ends things properly, there is nothing unethical or unprofessional about a client ending a fixed-price contract. The proper way for a client to end a fixed-price contract is to release any remaining escrow payments to the freelancer and close the contract.

Clearly the client in your situation did not do it this way.

Hello.
Yes, understanding a situation.
Thank you very much.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths