🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Escrow was funded but payment method remains ...
Page options
dmoreno28uw
Community Member

Escrow was funded but payment method remains unverified?

I got an offer out of the blue from a client that shall remain unnamed. It seems like he's a new client and he must've found me through google. Anyway, he sent me an offer and the escrow was funded but it also says on the sidebar that the payment method is not verified and therefore, this job will not be protected by Upwork's protection policy.

How can the payment method be unverified when the escrow was already funded? Can someone explain?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

David M wrote:

How can the payment method be unverified when the escrow was already funded? Can someone explain?

The client funded Escrow and started the verification process. Unfortunately, whilst the money *IS* in Escrow, it can not ever be released to you until the client verifies their payment method.

In my experience this is nothing to worry about, I just make sure I don't work until the verification is complete which takes between minutes and hours, rarely a a couple of days.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

David M wrote:

The client funded Escrow and started the verification process. Unfortunately, whilst the money *IS* in Escrow, it can not ever be released to you until the client verifies their payment method.

In my experience this is nothing to worry about, I just make sure I don't work until the verification is complete which takes between minutes and hours, rarely a a couple of days.

Petra R wrote:

David M wrote:

Thanks Petra! I guess I will wait a few days and see what happens.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members