🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Escrow
Page options
unidian
Community Member

Escrow

I have a customer who has put money into escrow. He says he tried to pay me ... ie release the funds from escrow .. and he says there is no button or click place to do that? So, how does he do it?

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r
Community Member


Thomas K wrote:

I have a customer who has put money into escrow. He says he tried to pay me ... ie release the funds from escrow .. and he says there is no button or click place to do that? So, how does he do it?


Did you submit the work by clicking the "submit for payment" button on the contract? In that case, the client just has to click on "approve"

 

Is the contract done? No further work needed? In that case the client can close the contract (carefully) and release the funds to you in the process.

 

unidian
Community Member

Hi Petra, thanks for reaching out. I dont know what you mean by the contract. I exchanged messages with the customer then we got into communication and I did some work for him. It´s finished now and he agreed to pay for it. This is what I can see.. Est. Budget: $121.00 Milestone 1: Making SALES Due: Sunday, August 23, 2020 Amount in escrow: $100.00
unidian
Community Member

This is what I put ...

Making SALES$100.00Aug 23, 2020
unidian
Community Member

I´ve spoken to him and he wants to pay, he just doesn´t know how

petra_r
Community Member


Thomas K wrote:

I´ve spoken to him and he wants to pay, he just doesn´t know how


That's great, but did you accept the contract?

 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

 

It looks like you never accepted the offer that clients sent to you, and it expired a few days ago. Please ask your client to send you another offer, be sure to accept it and it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract. You can share this help article with the client for more information on how to send you a new offer, and please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started. 

 

Also, please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. 

 
Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member


Thomas K wrote:
Hi Petra, thanks for reaching out. I dont know what you mean by the contract. I exchanged messages with the customer then we got into communication and I did some work for him. It´s finished now and he agreed to pay for it. This is what I can see.. Est. Budget: $121.00 Milestone 1: Making SALES Due: Sunday, August 23, 2020 Amount in escrow: $100.00

Did you actually accept the offer? (Clicked on "Accept" and got an email saying your contract started?)

 

When you go to My Jobs - do you see a contract? If not, you never accepted the offer. Do it now, unless it has expired.

 

unidian
Community Member

See jpeg. This is what I get.

 

**Edited for community guidelines**

unidian
Community Member

There was no email and no contract. 

unidian
Community Member

This was my first job on Upwork. I know nothing about contracts ... I´m not sure the customer does either. But I suppose he paid 100 into Upwork and that´s what he wants to pay me. Does Upwork have the 100?

petra_r
Community Member


Thomas K wrote:

Does Upwork have the 100?


No, when you failed to accept the contract after 7 days, the money was sent back to the client's payment method.

 


Thomas K wrote:

This was my first job on Upwork. I know nothing about contracts ... 


The time to figure out how things work is before blindly stumbling forth.... 

 

You can ask the client to create a new offer, then you accept that offer, and submit for payment through the actual contract. Then the client accepts the milestone and you get paid.

 

petra_r
Community Member


Thomas K wrote:

See jpeg. This is what I get.


Yeah. You got an offer and failed to accept it. Don't do that in future... It expired on the 26th.

A contract is not created until you accept it. The funds will have been sent back to the client already.

 

expired.png

 

The client has to send you a new offer, which you will have to accept this time, and then you can submit for payment against the funded milestone, and the client can approve and then end the contract.

 

There is no way to pay you when you haven't been hired because you didn't accept the contract.

 

unidian
Community Member

OK. Thanks for the help. I´ll get in touch with him. Kudos!

petra_r
Community Member

Read all this 🙂 in the meantime

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths