🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Estimate with connects
Page options
sanaabbasi87
Community Member

Estimate with connects

Hi

I am new freelancers on upwork started working just before a month, but suddenly things changed for me as Upwork fee is 20% and we are bound to buy the connects. 

If I buy the connects worth of $10 and get the one job $40 after %20 deductions I will get $32 but here upwork transfer fee $2 then I get money in my payoneer account Payoneer also deduct 2% and payoneer change the exchage rate 160 to 156.  This is not the end here Payoneer take $3 dollar per bank transfer so How am I able to work as freelancer here????

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Sana Ali A wrote:

How am I able to work as freelancer here????

By building your costs to do business into your price or rate and by minimizing your outgoings by striving for longer term client relationwhips as the 20% only apply for the first $500, by withdrawing less often and in larger amounts and/or by choosing a more economical withdrawal method.

Obviously it makes no sense to spend $10 to win a $40 job. Spending $10 to win three $400 jobs or two $100 and a $1000 job makes much more sense.

Only you can determine if your skills are strong enough to enable you to have a decent return on investment on this platform.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths