Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etiquette of closing a contract and getting feedback

Highlighted
Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
11 of 23

Sorry Roman, didn't want to create any confusion about the 10/10 private feedback. 

I was speaking in general: any actions that a freelancer might ask the client to perform in order to improve the freelancer's profile.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Roman M Member Since: Feb 25, 2015
12 of 23

No worries Christian. Recommendation isnt only in the score. It could also act as a referal to a friend. Which happens all the time in the creative and entertainment category. Again , I believe there is nothing wrong with asking for a great feedback if you deserve one.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
13 of 23

I suspect once a moderator sees this you're going to be in a world of trouble when they go and look at your correspondence with clients.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
14 of 23

Hi Jean, 

I guess I am already since I am feeling your wrath already. It was a hypothetical message of how I would message my client to close account and ask for feedback. In all seriousness, if you do a good job do you really not ask for a good feedback? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
15 of 23

You basically have violated the rules here with all the things you suggested and I suspect your entire account will get reviewed by risk management now. This is a HUGE no-no on Upwork and recommending others do it just adds to the problems you "might" face now. I suspect they will review everything in your messaging and chat area now.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
16 of 23
Don't get too scared now Roman. Just don't do what you indicated, or suggest it to anyone else.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
17 of 23

Basically where I think you're going wrong is that it's up to the client,  not you, to decide whether a project was successful: and whether you deserve what you think you do.  They might have a different opinion of how the job went.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
18 of 23

I am scared actually. I forgot what my mom always told me, less talk less mistake. My bad my fault.  Im gonna be suspended for asking a great feedback to a job I actually did great. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 23

A suspension implys a chance to get your account back.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
20 of 23

@Roman M wrote:

I am scared actually. I forgot what my mom always told me, less talk less mistake. My bad my fault.  Im gonna be suspended for asking a great feedback to a job I actually did great. 

Don't sweat it, man. You'll be fine. I don't ask for feedback myself, but I certainly understand why freelancers feel the pressure to do so. On one had Upwork says to ask for feedback. On the other, they say don't ask for positive feedback but put a lot of pressure on people about an opaque JS score.

At least you didn't try to hijack code for stars. I LOL'd at this story I read a while ago.

http://thenextweb.com/entrepreneur/2013/11/03/hired-developer-elance-build-first-iphone-app-experien...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS