21 of 23

Don't panic Roman. You'll be grand...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
22 of 23

@Jennifer M wrote:

@Roman M wrote:

I am scared actually. I forgot what my mom always told me, less talk less mistake. My bad my fault.  Im gonna be suspended for asking a great feedback to a job I actually did great. 

Don't sweat it, man. You'll be fine. I don't ask for feedback myself, but I certainly understand why freelancers feel the pressure to do so. On one had Upwork says to ask for feedback. On the other, they say don't ask for positive feedback but put a lot of pressure on people about an opaque JS score.

At least you didn't try to hijack code for stars. I LOL'd at this story I read a while ago.

http://thenextweb.com/entrepreneur/2013/11/03/hired-developer-elance-build-first-iphone-app-experien...

Thanks Jennifer. The article was an amazing story but what I really loved were the comments...many by freelancers. Truly a gem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
23 of 23

@Jean S wrote:

Thanks Jennifer. The article was an amazing story but what I really loved were the comments...many by freelancers. Truly a gem.

That story is exactly why I don't want to do dev projects here. Everyone tells you that every change to code is "easy" but yet they've never touched any type of working code in their lives. It's frustrating. Happens IRL too, but that's why most places have PMs to filter out that stuff so the devs don't hear it.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS