cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Euro's VS US$

xadek
Active

Hello! 

My client is paying 10 EUROS, but I receive 10 US$. 10 EUROS is not equal to 10 US$. What is happening here? How can I get the correct amount in my Upwork US$ account from my European client? 

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
renatoss
Community Leader

Maybe if the client wants to give you a bonus, to make the difference between this 2 currencies.
Not sure how this confusion came up, who offered EURO or asked, because the only currency availeble to make a transaction between a frelancer and a client, on this platform, is $

petra_r
Community Guru

Your clients are charged in Dollars, not in Euros, and all financial transactions are in $ across the site. If you want to earn € 10 you need to recalculate your rates.

Thank you for your help! 

Hey Petra, Is there a way to change the default currency to Euros rather than Dollars? So far, I've been calculating the exchange rate but it is always a little innacurate and end up maying more/less than I am supposed to.  

@Antonia A wrote:

Hey Petra, Is there a way to change the default currency to Euros rather than Dollars? So far, I've been calculating the exchange rate but it is always a little innacurate and end up maying more/less than I am supposed to.  

No, but you‘ll soon get a feel for the Dollar 🙂 

Hmmm not ideal but thanks for info! 

We lose 20% net due to currency exchange rate.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS