Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even after 500$, service fees still 20%

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 25

Hi Bojan,

I checked your transactions and I would like to confirm that everything is working as designed. 
You were charged 20% fee on the first $500 and 10% fee on the second $500. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
This widget could not be displayed.
12 of 25
This widget could not be displayed.

@Slim N wrote:

I've earned more than 500$ on Upwork since 10 days ago, but the service fees still the same 20% and doesn't changed to 10%, please tell me what's the problem?

One of your contracts is above 500 USD now. You have been charged 20% for the 500 USD and everything above 500 will now be charged with 10% but only for this client. The other ones will be charged with 20% until they reach 500 USD.

slimnet
Slim N Member Since: Aug 28, 2016
13 of 25

Understood, thank you for your help.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 25

Just a small heads-up Slim, you risk having your account suspended unless you remove the links to your off-site contact information, which is against Upwork's ToS. However, you are allowed to include them in your proposal letters.

slimnet
15 of 25

Thank you so much for this advice, I've removed the links. The community members are so kind and helpful Smiley Very Happy .

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 25

Another little heads up ..

Is your real legal name, as it appears on your official government ID, "Slim" ?

If it is, fine. If it is not, and is your nickname, you have to change it to your real legal name.

slimnet
17 of 25

Yes "Slim" is my real legal name, it doesn't mean "thin or not fat"  Smiley Tongue  like in English, it means "safe or undamaged" (in Arabic). However should I verify my identity? If it's yes, so how it can be done ?

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
18 of 25

@Slim N wrote:

Yes "Slim" is my real legal name, it doesn't mean "thin or not fat"  Smiley Tongue  like in English, it means "safe or undamaged" (in Arabic). However should I verify my identity? If it's yes, so how it can be done ?

Like Petra said, if your account requires identity verification Upwork will send you an email with the secure links to upload docs.  If they don't ask for identity veryification, you don't have to do it.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
slimnet
19 of 25

Until now everything is ok. Thank you.

davery76
David T Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
20 of 25

I did not see that it was $500 per client! that's really not fair at all...  considering most of the jobs on here are barely ever over $500!!!!!    and most of the time, those who are expecting to only pay $500 for something that should actually be valued at $5000 in north america is already horrible enough!!   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS