cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever get a 1 star rating?

Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
1 of 19

I just did. Wow, just floored, after 148 jobs, 96% job success, 4.93 rating, over 20k in revenue. I've had bad clients in the past, but never like this.

Too bad we can't do anything about it (except reply, which I did - luckily freelancers have the last word), and luckily it was only worth $18. I love the reputation-based system here, but hate that some decide to be stupid.

Ace Contributor
Nancy I Member Since: Apr 8, 2010
2 of 19

Wow that is sad to hear--hopefully all future clients will see the wrong that was done on the client side in this instance! 

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
3 of 19
My sympathies William, but I am sure your solid reputation that you have so diligently built will speak for itself.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 19

Immature feedback, all in caps. Probably tring to abuse teh system for a refund. Would be very intereted to see if/how support would review and deal with this.

.. and what it may do to your JS score

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
5 of 19
It really is an eyesore. Your reply was far more professional than I could ever tolerate William. Kudos.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 19

Massive respect to you for not refunding on this one, William. It's an eyesore, surely, but you come out far the better from it, and the client doesn't get what he was obviously looking for all along - a free ride. Plus he has to live with your rsponse on his job listings, along with the evidence that he gives out one-star feedbacks.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
7 of 19

Plus he has to live with your rsponse on his job listings

Unfortunately, freelancer’s response only show on the freelancer’s profile not on the job listing. William’s feedback was actually ok http://screencast.com/t/3K6QOejsd and that is what others will see, unless they are curious about the 1 star and want to check if he responded.

Anyway, great response, made the client look bad. I bet potential clients will just ignore the bad feedback.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 19

Did you have the money back guarantee on your account when this happened?

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
9 of 19

William,

I applaude you standing your ground and your professionalism. If someone bothers to take the time to read his and your feedback it is blantantly obvious they guy was a jerk and abusing the system. You have an excellent rating and a lot of jobs under your belt. I would chalk it up to a bad experience and move on. I highly doubt someone is going to take one bad review into consideration, especially after the way he handled himself. Very unprofessional on his part.

Ace Contributor
Nadav I Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
10 of 19

Hey William,

If you don't care about the money too much, you could refund the client. I know it's not ideal to give the client money back after doing the work, and getting such a feedback, and this client defo doesn't deserve money back, however, if you refund the money so the feedback will get removed from your profile.

Hope it helps.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS