🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Every Response to Proposals I Have Gotten Wan...
Page options
j02greene
Community Member

Every Response to Proposals I Have Gotten Wanted to Talk Outside of Upwork

I have gotten about 10 responses to proposals I have put out and every single one of them have wanted me to complete something prior to accepting the contract or have asked for my phone number. Is this something I should avoid or do I follow through with the clients and provide my contact information? I am newer to the platform and am not really sure what is and what is not the right thing to do. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Have you read the TOS? 

---

It seems like no. So the answer is no. The TOS specifically states that you cannot share contact information prior to having an Upwork contract in place. All communication must remain through Upwork. Because you are new, you will be a target for scammers, who will try to get you to communicate off platform to scam you. It will take time to wade through the scam invites and responses, but if you stick with it you will land jobs and move past this stage. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a_lipsey
Community Member

Have you read the TOS? 

---

It seems like no. So the answer is no. The TOS specifically states that you cannot share contact information prior to having an Upwork contract in place. All communication must remain through Upwork. Because you are new, you will be a target for scammers, who will try to get you to communicate off platform to scam you. It will take time to wade through the scam invites and responses, but if you stick with it you will land jobs and move past this stage. 

I figured. I haven't followed through with any of them and resonded with the fact that it was against ToS. I just wanted to get confirmation that this was the proper thing to do. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members