🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Every proposal should cost only 2 connects
Page options
sumon4one
Community Member

Every proposal should cost only 2 connects

It is accepted that it takes money to bid for a job but the rule should have been the same as before, every job = 2 connect.

Each job we apply for requires 2-8 connects.

Most of the projects have larger budgets. So we need 4-8 connects to apply. When interviewing, we have noticed that the project was very small. As a result, we are not getting any benefit. We lost more connects but not getting the right job.

Upwork should take care of it. My opinion to apply each and every job should cost only 2 connects.

23 REPLIES 23
kbadeau
Community Member

That would defeat the purpose of paying for connects.

That is not purpose of paying for the connects, that is purpose of not getting the right job. Just think about it. If you saw a job post where the budget is $500, and you applied. When you understand than the client wants a small task done instead of a big task, and the budget is around $10-20. What would you do? 

There are lots of projects like this example. If the client posts a job with a low range budget, probably 5-10 people will apply. And he/she might not get a good Freelancer. The big-budget posts attract a lot more people so they applied.

Every proposal should cost 20 connects. Change my view.

This system might helpful for your country. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

The variability can be vexing. I think every proposal should cost six connects.

@Phyllis

Wow, true guru (sarcastic)

shuvooshuvroo
Community Member

I agree with it. I have almost stopped working on upwork only for this reason. Specially my sector graphic designers get hit worst. 

For the same reason, I stopped to apply

anikdatta
Community Member

Its not fair. For every job 2 connect system would be good.

Upwork was better than now

yasinali99
Community Member

True Indeed, This is one of the worst systems of Upwork. They should be charged two connect for all jobs.

md_borhanus
Community Member

totally agree, It's frustrating as that clients don't care/know about this and they are doing whatever they want.

Either one way or another Upwork is sucking us from both sides, a client want's a job done for 10$-upwork gets 2$, we get 8$ but in that job, over 50+ people apply. 50*0.30 =15 USD??????????????????????????????? What the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Md Borhan U wrote:

a client want's a job done for 10$-upwork gets 2$, we get 8$ but in that job, over 50+ people apply. 50*0.30 =15 USD??????????????????????????????? What the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Upwork is not interested in the $ 10 jobs. They are not worth the hassle.

When you get the $ 1000 and $ 2000 and $ 20,000 + contracts, that's where the money is (for both freelancers and Upwork)

And I agree with Phyllis, as the whole point of connects is to curb indiscriminate mass bidding, making applications more expensive (by raising the price of connects or by making all jobs 6 or 8 or 10 connects) would be better.

What shortsighted people fail to comprehend is that more freelancers having more connects does not mean they will get hired more often. In fact, the opposite is the case.

Upwork must care about those projects, there is a lot of community in the same platform. 

zahid3d29
Community Member

I appreciate with this topic. It's never looks fair to take more than  2 connects per job bidding Smiley Sad . Please upwork think about this issue and make a fair rules for seller. Thanks.

Zahidul Islam

Let's make it flat. 2 connects per job.

Upwork what you say?

Sayed Md. S wrote:
Let's make it flat. 2 connects per job.

Upwork what you say?

It should cost 2 connects to complain about connects.

@Jennifer M

Thanks for your opinion. I think you should take care of your brain first. 

Zobair S wrote:

Thanks for your opinion. I think you should take care of your brain first. 

If you are talking to Bojan, then this is not his opinion, it is Upwork's business model and Bojan represents the company he works for.

Upwork is a business. It is not a charity, nor is it a nanny state. If this is what you are looking for, then you should not be freelancing. We don't always agree with Upwork's  modus operandi, but by joining , we have agreed to its terms and conditions. There is nothing to stop one leaving, if one does not wish to adhere to them. 

@Nichola

We are all doing business here unless you are saying that we are working for a charity company.

We are paying for the work we do, the commissions we pay isn't charity money that's business money.

@Nichola L

I am talking to Jennifer M

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, we’ve heard your feedback, and we truly appreciate it. The number of Connects needed is calculated based on the projected job value -- determined using estimated duration and budget amount -- as well as marketplace demand. There are no plans to change that at this point. That said, we have heard your concerns, particularly about clients who post jobs and never hire.  One area we are looking at closely is helping freelancers better evaluate a job post and client so they can decide whether it is worth using Connects to submit a proposal. To learn more about what you should be looking for, please check out this article.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Does really client know how to post a job?

The screenshot I have attached, that job is worth a maximum of 20$, and client is really concerned about his every penny. But the job he posted an hourly and project length is more than 6 months.

How UpWork will calculate the number of connections for this job?

By "The number of Connects needed is calculated based on the projected job value -- determined using estimated duration and budget amount!"???

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members