🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Everything takes so long to process
Page options
3acc6d00
Community Member

Everything takes so long to process

Hi!

Really been loving Upwork so far. Doing my third project on my 5th day on the platform. However, there's one thing annoying to me. Everything takes so long to process. I ended a contract about 36 hours ago for example, but it's still not showing on my profile? And I asked for some testimonials from pre-Upwork clients 5 days ago, but they've been pending for 5 days now?

Why the long delay on everything? This makes it harder to build a profile up quick, can't this just be automated?

Thank you!

Tom

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tom,

The feedback will show up on your Work History once the payment for the contract has already been processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Once the payment has been processed in your account, please wait for 24-hours for the contract to show up on your Work History. For now, the funds are in the 'In Review' section of your Reports page that represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary. For more information on getting paid for Hourly contracts, you can check out this help article.

Regarding your testimonials, please allow 10 business days for your requests to be reviewed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
datatraveler1
Community Member

Tom D wrote:

Hi!

Really been loving Upwork so far. Doing my third project on my 5th day on the platform. However, there's one thing annoying to me. Everything takes so long to process. I ended a contract about 36 hours ago for example, but it's still not showing on my profile? And I asked for some testimonials from pre-Upwork clients 5 days ago, but they've been pending for 5 days now?

Why the long delay on everything? This makes it harder to build a profile up quick, can't this just be automated?

Thank you!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Is it possible that the contract is waiting for input from the client? I think all of your statistics will catch up sooner then you think.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply!

However, the contract has been ended, and we both submitted feedback. I can also read his feedback when I go to the contract overview and see that is has been ended and completed. However, in the payment overview and on my profile the job is not showing up yet.

The first job also took about 24 hours to show up, but this one even longer. When a profile is up and running this is no problem, but I’m new and still need to earn trust of clients, so I’d like it filled as soon as possible fo course.

Kind regards,
Tom

Tom D wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

However, the contract has been ended, and we both submitted feedback. I can also read his feedback when I go to the contract overview and see that is has been ended and completed. However, in the payment overview and on my profile the job is not showing up yet.

The first job also took about 24 hours to show up, but this one even longer. When a profile is up and running this is no problem, but I’m new and still need to earn trust of clients, so I’d like it filled as soon as possible fo course.

Kind regards,
Tom

Tom,

Fair enough. I've had numerous display issues using the mobile version of the Upwork app. Have you tried viewing your account through a different platform (e.g. desktop instead of mobile)? Perhaps it is a display or caching issue.

NikolaS

Hi Tom,

Could you please clarify if you are referring to contract not being shown in your Work History? In general, the contract will show under your Work History once you receive the payment for that contract. However, please know that some jobs are originally posted as private or visible to logged in Upwork users only. Contracts formed based on those job postings will also not show in visitor view of your profile for privacy reasons. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3acc6d00
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your reply. Ok so under My Jobs > All Contracts it says my contract with Sam "WordPress consult" is completed, rated 5 stars, 23-24th of october. It is now the 26th and the review till doesn't show up, Sam is still not charged and I'm still not payed. It's only showing up in the place I just mentioned, nowhere else. Then under reports, the amount he paid is still "In review".

Besides this, the testimonials are all still under "pending" since the 20th of October.

Thank you for helping!

Tom

Hi Tom,

The feedback will show up on your Work History once the payment for the contract has already been processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Once the payment has been processed in your account, please wait for 24-hours for the contract to show up on your Work History. For now, the funds are in the 'In Review' section of your Reports page that represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary. For more information on getting paid for Hourly contracts, you can check out this help article.

Regarding your testimonials, please allow 10 business days for your requests to be reviewed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members