🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Evidence if upwork is actually sending my Bid...
Page options
kdsingh
Community Member

Evidence if upwork is actually sending my Bid to freelancer seeker

If anyone can help me knowing, where can I see if upwork has passed my Bid to freelancer seeker?

How can I find out?

Kamal
7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamal,

I can assure you that all proposals are delivered to and can be viewed by clients. If a client only view a proposal a notification won't be sent. If a client responds to your proposal and sends you a message, you'd receive a notification and a message room will be created in Messages. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kdsingh
Community Member

Why not? why there is no notification that client has viewed your proposal? Where is the transepirancy why anyone should trust UPwork where the person even does't know if their Bid is just submitted or even viewed ever? We are buying connects, and there is no free lunch right???? I have rights to know if my bid been submitted or not?

Show us the evidence with date and time any freelancer has submitted the proposal and cient has got it. Prove it

Kamal
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Kamal. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Kamal D wrote:

Why not? why there is no notification that client has viewed your proposal? Where is the transepirancy why anyone should trust UPwork where the person even does't know if their Bid is just submitted or even viewed ever? We are buying connects, and there is no free lunch right???? I have rights to know if my bid been submitted or not?

Show us the evidence with date and time any freelancer has submitted the proposal and cient has got it. Prove it

As a client I can say when I post a job I get inundated with numerous proposals. I know, as a freelancer, my proposals are delivered because clients respond. You don't have any "right" to know a client has looked at your proposal. You get notified it has been submitted, and that's all you need. You already get the notifications you ask for because it's on your Proposals page. 

petra_r
Community Member

Kamal D wrote:

... where the person even does't know if their Bid is just submitted or even viewed ever?t

It's been submitted.The client receives it. You already DO get a confirmation that a proposal has been submitted.

your proposal was submitted.png

BUT: Nobody can force a client to actually read it. 

Clients don't have the time to waste reading proposals which they know in advance are from people they won't hire. Clients only see the first two lines of a proposal without actually opening it. Freelancers who waste those first two lines with irrelevant stuff such as elaborate greetings, stuff such as "Dear Hiring Manageer", stating their name or where they are from, or lines like "I have read your job post carefully" are wasting their propoals more often than not.

kdsingh
Community Member

I agree that no one can force client to read the proposal, and I think all of you are not understanding what I meant. Again if a proposal sumitted and client checked it then we should have a notification, I am not newbie on Upwork infact working since it was Odesk. That time we were not buying connects it was plain commission we were paying. Now since UPwork is charging on won project and connects too we all have rights to know if our bid is been submitted, Only showing Pop up that Proposal is submitted is not enough. Where is the Evidence?

Kamal
petra_r
Community Member

Kamal D wrote:

Again if a proposal sumitted and client checked it then we should have a notification,

What good would that do you? Unless a client contacts you, you're not in the running. When a client contacts you back, you know they read your proposal. The clients who never contact you back are of no interest to you and it's irrelevant whether they read your proposal or not.

Kamal D wrote:

we all have rights to know if our bid is been submitted,

On what basis do you think you have such a "right?"

Kamal D wrote:

Only showing Pop up that Proposal is submitted is not enough. Where is the Evidence?

So you think your proposals are not being submitted? How would an email saying "Your proposal has been submitted" be any more convincing than the pop-up? You want "evidence?" What kind of "evidence?" A screenshot of your proposal in the client's proposal list?

Ultimately, if you are wondering why you get less responses: It's not because your proposals aren't submitted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members