cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rate

Highlighted
Abdullah A Member Since: May 9, 2018
1 of 4

Upwork uses transfast to send money to pakistan on transfast website i see 1 USD = 136.25 and Upwork is sending me at 1 USD = 131.24 why there is so much change ?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 4

Hi Abdullah,

The difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency.

Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Abdullah A Member Since: May 9, 2018
3 of 4

i already know what you said but upwork uses a Payment Processor called "transfast" Transfast shows 1$ = 136.25 on their website and Upwork shows 1$="131.24" 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Abdullah, 

Please note that exchange rates fluctuate during the day, which means the rate applied to your withdrawal depends on when we executed the transaction. Please keep in mind that the displayed exchange rate reflects the last exchange rate used by Upwork to convert USD to your currency. The actual rate used for each local currency transfer is available on the next business day when we process your transaction.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS