🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Excluding a contract from the Job Success Sco...
Page options
hernandez-luz
Community Member

Excluding a contract from the Job Success Score

Hi, everybody!

It's been a while since I've been around. I apologize in advance if this is a silly or over-answered question: Are we, Top Rated freelancers, still able to ask for a contract to be excluded from our Job Success Score? And, if it is that so, how can we do that? I've just spotted an old contract amid my jobs that had haven't shown once I achieve the Top Rated certification, and it has a 4-star review for me.

Yes, I know it is not a big deal, but it truly bothers me. Woman Sad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

Luz H wrote:

Hi, everybody!

It's been a while since I've been around. I apologize in advance if this is a silly or over-answered question: Are we, Top Rated freelancers, still able to ask for a contract to be excluded from our Job Success Score? And, if it is that so, how can we do that? I've just spotted an old contract amid my jobs that had haven't shown once I achieve the Top Rated certification, and it has a 4-star review for me.

-------------------------

a 4 star feedback is not a bad feedback and after 6 months it isn't included in the calculation of your JSS. It also rolls off the screen so someone would need to scroll through several pages to see that one 4 star. I may be wrong, but I think there's a 1 or 2 week length of time that you have to use that opportunity to remove feedback. But in case you want to try, 

To request a removal of feedback please email freelancersuccess@upwork.com with the relevant contract number and either "JSS Only" OR "Hide from Profile and JSS".

There's also a time limit (3 months or after 10 contracts)  on when you can use that perk again. IMO, I think at this point, on an OLD contract it would be Very foolish to remove that 4 star feedback, just because it bothers you. You never know when a VALID reason for using that perk will come up. And that usually will happen almost right after you use that perk and you won't be able to use that perk. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kat303
Community Member

Luz H wrote:

Hi, everybody!

a 4 star feedback is not a bad feedback and after 6 months it isn't included in the calculation of your JSS. It also rolls off the screen so someone would need to scroll through several pages to see that one 4 star. I may be wrong, but I think there's a 1 or 2 week length of time that you have to use that opportunity to remove feedback. But in case you want to try, 

To request a removal of feedback please email freelancersuccess@upwork.com with the relevant contract number and either "JSS Only" OR "Hide from Profile and JSS".

There's also a time limit (3 months or after 10 contracts)  on when you can use that perk again. IMO, I think at this point, on an OLD contract it would be Very foolish to remove that 4 star feedback, just because it bothers you. You never know when a VALID reason for using that perk will come up. And that usually will happen almost right after you use that perk and you won't be able to use that perk. 

Hi, thanks for your words.

Truth be told, it's about a contract that had no longer shown among my jobs and, suddenly, reappeared. Maybe it's a bug, so I'll check it again.

I'm kind of obsessive about this grading thing, so this kind of stuff gets on my nerves.

Don't pay too much attention to me. To be honest, I tried to remove this query as soon as I made it. It is nonsense, yes. I know... Woman Embarassed

Again, thank you very much. I'm going to accept your solution so that this question doesn't go any further.Woman Very Happy
Best regards,

Luz

petra_r
Community Member

Kathy T wrote:

Luz H wrote:

Are we, Top Rated freelancers, still able to ask for a contract to be excluded from our Job Success Score? And, if it is that so, how can we do that? I've just spotted an old contract amid my jobs that had haven't shown once I achieve the Top Rated certification, and it has a 4-star review for me.

a 4 star feedback is not a bad feedback and after 6 months it isn't included in the calculation of your JSS. It also rolls off the screen so someone would need to scroll through several pages to see that one 4 star. I may be wrong, but I think there's a 1 or 2 week length of time that you have to use that opportunity to remove feedback.

The 4 stars are from January 2017, so no longer count towards anything and nobody will scroll that far as Kathy said.

Contracts only have the ability to affect your JSS for 2 years at most (depending on whether your JSS is calculated based on your 6, 12 or 24 month window) and there is no time limit for using it but removing anything that has fallen out of the 2 year window would be completely pointless, and removing anything that is out of the 6 month window would be most likely pointless in most cases.

khurram4m
Community Member

You have a good feedback history maybe someone backstabbed you with bad private feedback which dropped your JSS to 97% ..... JSS is a hanging sword and the most bad part is private feedback for which you can't do anything ...... You have a great profile so don't bother about those 4 stars .... However you should always keep an eye on JSS update date and if JSS drops further then you should note down the last suspecious job which may carries bad private feedback (for future exclusions) ............ wish you good luck ......

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members