🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Exempt of VAT taxes in Spain
Page options
taysajorge
Community Member

Exempt of VAT taxes in Spain

Hello, I'm exempt of I.V.A. or I.G.I.C. (Canary Islands,Spain) taxes so I don't need a VAT number to bill for other countries. But I've to specify I'm exempt of I.V.A or I.G.I.C in my invoices. So I've to questions:

1. How does affect me not being registered for a VAT number in upwork?

2.How does the invoices thing works in upwork? Do I send the invoices to customers or... ?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Taysa,

All billings on your Transaction Report have official invoices that can be downloaded or printed. You can learn more about invoices here. Upwork doesn't require anyone to have a VAT number but we will charge VAT on services to freelancers within the EU unless they provide a valid VAT number. You can see how that looks like here. For any information on complying with your local tax laws please consult with a tax advisor or expert as Upwork cannot provide tax advice.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for you reply. But if I don't pay VAT in my country because I'm
exempt why do you charge me VAT?
b1489c0b
Community Member

Hi Taysa, I am also in the Canary Islands, and was wondering if you figured out this :). Can i get in touch with you about this please?

spud111
Community Member

Same issue here. I have a Canary icorporated LLC that does not pay VAT towards Europe/USA for tax exemption, and as my colleague up here I don't have a regular VAT number, but simply a NIE. I opened a ticket, uploaded documents, but it seems that nothing happened. Anybody managed to solve?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members