🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Existing Phone Number?
Page options
s_julialauren
Community Member

Existing Phone Number?

I'm very confused... I had an Upwork account in the past as a freelancer, but after only one job and getting a 9-5 job, I put it on hold. When trying to sign in again now (about a year  or so later), I'm being prompted to create a profile. I was happy to update it, but it won't let me put in my phone number and says it's already in use. However, every time I log in with my existing info, I'm still prompted to immediately set up an account as if I were new. Any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18
prestonhunter
Community Member

Julie:

It sounds to me like you have created a second profile.

But whether or not that is what you did is not completely clear from your post.

If you have created more than one profile, you will need to work with Customer Support to close all of the profiles except the first one you created.

I didn't create a new one though... I logged in and the set up was like
having me create a new profile. I have 1, but when I log in it tries to
make me create one while simultaneously acknowledging that my email and
phone number are in use.
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia,

Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of your old account? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar 😧

I am having the same problem as Julia.

I am in my account, the application/ profile registration part, before it goes public.

When I get to the page where it asks for my phone number, so I can get a code, it tells me, "your phone number is already associated with another account".

I am trying to get in contact with Upwork.  Their email says, No reply, i am not sure of they will respond.  

I do not know if I have another account. 

Are you familiar with this issue?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Thamar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm trying to create a profile too and it won't let me type in a phone number. I try to click on the box and it doesn't let my keyboard come up.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kgfr
Community Member

Hi. I wanted to get my account. It seems like it’s not letting me use my phone number even if I deleted my duplicate account. If you could help me get the original account, it will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Katherine,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ec484676
Community Member

Im having a similar problem. This is the first time I have been on the site and making an account. I can't verify my phone number and I get a notification that another account has the same number. 

Hi Courtney,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you directly in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4b0f67ef
Community Member

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. I believe I have an old account associate with my phone number, but the email I'm using to login brings me to a profile creation process. When I try to verify my phone number, the "another account has the same number" notification pops up. Thank you!

a397b8e4
Community Member

I am having the same problem when registering with my phone number.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
94796e49
Community Member

Hey there, 

I am having a similar issue. I logged into upworks with the email that I remember using before. It logged me into a freelancer account though instead of my client account. I closed the freelancer account with that email and when I go to try and create a new one, it says that an account with that email already exists. Same as with the phone number, if I try to create a new profile with a different email, it says the phone number is already in use. I want to gain access back to my client account first and formost so that I can continue hiring for my agency. 

Hi Blake,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
345ad5e7
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same probelm in which when I put my number in to get a code it says my phone number is already being used for another account. Could I get some assistance with this please.

Many thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths