🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Existing proposals & becoming "exclusive free...
Page options
kickdesigns
Community Member

Existing proposals & becoming "exclusive freelancer" status.

Hi. If proposals are already sent to clients, but an agency wants to add me as an "exclusive freelancer". Would I be able to keep those existing proposals as direct projects (even if I haven't gotten responses yet) or would those convert into agency projects after accepting an "exclusive freelancer" invite?

4 REPLIES 4
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Jacqueline,

If you have existing proposals, you'll have to withdraw those before you can be added to an agency. It won't be possible to join an agency with any active proposals.

~Nina
petra_r
Community Member

@Jacqueline W wrote:

Hi. If proposals are already sent to clients, but an agency wants to add me as an "exclusive freelancer". Would I be able to keep those existing proposals as direct projects (even if I haven't gotten responses yet) or would those convert into agency projects after accepting an "exclusive freelancer" invite?

No, you would have to withdraw all of them.

I will never, until the day I die, understand why anyone would ever, under any circumstances, agree to become an exclusive member of any agency.

Why would anyone consider handing over not only a huge chunk of their income, but also all control to some entity?

@Petra R wrote:

@Jacqueline W wrote:

I will never, until the day I die, understand why anyone would ever, under any circumstances, agree to become an exclusive member of any agency.

Why would anyone consider handing over not only a huge chunk of their income, but also all control to some entity?

I wonder the exact same thing, it could be because as part of an agency he/she will or could find work easier than on her/his own? Or he/she doesn't have to search for work anymore and just sit and wait for the agency to assign him work? I just don't get agencies.

@Petra R wrote:

I have to say that I totally agree. ^ What happens when they change their minds and dump you? Or change their fees for future projects and there's not a thing you can do about it? 

What happens when they go under?

I think you need to keep the "free" in freelance, OP. 😄 JMHO.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths