Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing a slow-down in invitations to intereview

Community Leader
David S M Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
11 of 12

Christine A wrote:

David S M wrote:

Going on 9 days now. I did make some changes to my freelancer profile recently: 

- I increased my rate 

- I created a secondary profile with an increased rate for creative direction 

- Changed my availability to "as needed - open to offers" (because at the time at had more contracts open that I could just about handle). 

- Made some changes to my profile overview 

Could any of those (or all of those combined) mess up the algorithm? Should I have made these changes incrementally instead of all at once? 

If you're open to getting more invitations now, why not change your availability back to 30+ hours per week? Also, your increased rate may have something to do with it (not in terms of influencing any algorithms, but maybe your prices are now too high for some clients).

I think those are both good points. I'll give them a try and report back with whatever happens. 

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
12 of 12

David S M wrote:

If you're open to getting more invitations now, why not change your availability back to 30+ hours per week? Also, your increased rate may have something to do with it (not in terms of influencing any algorithms, but maybe your prices are now too high for some clients).

I think those are both good points. I'll give them a try and report back with whatever happens. 

Just to be clear, I wasn't recommending that you should decrease your rate. Quality is more important than quantity when it comes to invitations, no?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS